Thursday, April 2, 2009

Spring Break...

No, I don't get spring break anymore, but yes my family does and they love us enough to come spend the whole week in NC, when everyone knows you're suppose to go to Florida for spring break... but I'm very thankful they came here!
I was so excited for them to get here. I hadn't seem them in a while and was very anxious for them to finally get here and get to spend a whole week! I knew that it might be difficult for them to be in the house all week and "try" to find something to do, besides cleaning of course... So I made them a "Week of Fun" book, filled with things to do each day of the week. Monday they took the kids to get their pictures taken all together. I think they turned out pretty cute, of course with their ages you can't expect too much, but I think we were pretty satisfied. We got Austin to cooperate and be the leader by promising a fishing trip at the Branch's farm if they did good. Of course, he was super excited about that and smiled for everyone of them! So sure enough after pictures. We went home, grabbed some lunch, got Eliott, Austin's favorite NC friend and headed to the pond. It was a gorgeous day so we all just laid out on a blanket while the boys fished, threw rocks, giggled, and had the best time. They really are great buds and have so much fun together, if only they lived closer!!
After about 3 hours of fishing we headed to the Trinh's for dinner (a Monday/Tuesday... ritual for my family) ;)
Then home for baths and to crash.

Tuesday was suppose to be Greensboro Children's Museum day, but since it was suppose to be the last "pretty" day, they ended up going to Krispy Kreme and watching the doughnuts be made and had a few of course. Went to the book store and got some treats and then to McDonald's, since it was too cold to have a picnic at the park, home for naps and then had Mexican for dinner. Wednesday, they went to the Children's Museum and seemed to have a blast. I've never gone, but they spent hours there and had the best time. Home again for naps then Austin went to Eliott's to play till church. Church that night then home to crash.
Thursday, was suppose to be movie day, but the movie they wanted to see didn't come out till Friday, so I came home 1/2 day and we ran errands and got some stuff that I needed for the shower I had at my house Saturday. So we just hung out the rest of the day, went to dinner and just have fun being all together. That night David took Austin to Chuck E Cheese and they had a blast came home with about 7 cotton candies and who knows what else! We skyped "D" that night cause he was missing everyone and they all had a blast getting to see him!
My house was a total wreck with the kitchen project going on. Seriously everything in my kitchen was in my living room, a total mess! They were troopers and didn't let it bother them!
They got up real early on Friday morning and headed home. I wasn't ready for them to leave, but knew they would feel better if they got everything "in order" before heading back to school Monday. Thanks for coming we had a blast with you here and can't wait till Easter!!
So Friday night, David and I both stayed up till 5 am getting the kitchen back in order because I was having about 25 ladies at my house Saturday morning for a wedding shower. Boy were we tired, but we actually had somewhat fun and enjoyed being able to be together for that long. So it wasn't too bad. I actually recovered quite quickly from not having any sleep. God works in mysterious ways. ;) So needless to say, the week was great and we had a great time with the family being here!!! We are so blessed!

2 comments:

Ashley and Nolan

I know yall had a wonderful time! I love all the pictures of all the cousins together! :) Miss you!

Kat

Hey girl! We do have sooo much going on in our family and it is wonderful! Charlie is marrying a girl that he met in a wedding they were both in last year. her name is Nancy Haney and she is from Macon, GA. They are probably going to get married in August, so soon:)

Hope you are doing good!!

Love ya girl!