Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Mother's Day Weekend...

And so my life goes.... Thursday after Tyler's shots he started running 103.5 temperature. I picked him up from Darla's and he was just pitiful. After some Motrin and lovin on he perked up and seemed to be fine. Slept good that night. Friday, David decided to keep him just in case and then I came home at lunch and kept him the rest of the day. He did pretty good, but started this awful cough. Friday we decided to get take-out and stay in for the night. Saturday we woke up and Ty seemed pretty good, but still his cough was getting worse. We went for a walk (probably not the best thing looking back on it) but it was gorgeous and I really wanted to get some exercise. After Ty got up from his nap they gave me my mother's day presents. So very sweet. The card was from "Ty" and was super cute, the flowers were beautiful, and as you can tell from one of the pictures Ty was very excited to see that he bought me Dum Dum pops. (He loves those!)

Afterwards we got ready and went to Candace and Bryan's house for a cook-out for Brandon's graduation. It was so fun and really relaxing. The only bad part was that Ty was literally coughing his head off the entire time. I felt so bad for him but knew it was most likely allergies since he had no other symptoms. So, we left at a decent time and got him in bed.

Sunday, up for church. I taught class and did KFC, so I was pretty exhausted by the end of it. Ty was cranky and still coughing so we opted to head home. I pretty much had a breakdown on the way home because of his coughing and him always being sick, so I called the Dr and they said to bring him in at 1:55. Got there around 1:20 cause he was asleep in the car and didn't want to wake him. Every single person that got there way after us was called back. I was totally annoyed and frustrated. Finally we were the LAST to be called back. They did an oxygen level test, tested his blood and finally decided to give him a dose of steroids and send us home with 3 more doses. Never really said what was going on, but thought that the steroids would calm the cough.

I really understood what Mother's Day was all about. Me holding my baby ALL DAY LONG because he wouldn't go to anyone else. I sent David out to the farm because they were having a cook-out and there was no need for all of us to miss it. So he went out and enjoyed some fishing and fellowship while we staying home and enjoyed watching Cat in the Hat and Alvin switching about every 10 minutes. Annoying, but it made him happy. So whatever.
I wouldn't say it will go down as being the best Mother's Day ever, but that's life and at least I got to be home with my little boy even if he was sick.
Didn't get any pictures of us either but that was probably best because I'm sure I had snot all over my shirt! :)

Monday morning David left for Myrtle Beach where he was meeting with a youth ministry group he gets together with. So, I stayed home with Ty to give him one more day of recovery. It was nice because we slept in and then played most of the day. While he took his nap I got some good cleaning in. It was a productive day, so that was nice. David is on his way home right now, so we'll be glad to have him back! :)

Hate we weren't able to be with our mom's on Mother's Day but hope they know how much we love and appreciate them! They are 2 wonderful people who have had a HUGE impact on who we are today and we both thank them from the bottom of our hearts! I only hope I can be 1/2 a great mom as they were/are!! Love you mom and thank you for being you and teaching me how to be the best mom I can be!!
And to my grandmothers, you truly are amazing and we are so incredibly grateful for your love and the example you give to us. You are christian women who have held our families together! We love you!!
And to my sister, what an awesome mom you are. The sacrifices you make for your kids and others is unfathomable. Thank you for being that supermom that I can always look up to!!

And to all my friends that are moms... Thanks for sharing stories and heartaches that help us get through day to day struggles. You truly are great and I'm thankful to have you in my life!!

And to my precious son that makes me a mommy, thank you for being the most precious thing in this world. I mean, you take right after your daddy so how could you not be? You are so fun to watch and be with. You constantly put a smile on my face with your little eye glares and the funny things you do and say. I am so thankful that God let me be your mommy and I hope I can be everything He wants me to be for you!! I love you little man!!

And to all my friends who have lost a mom, child, or are struggling to get pregnant, know that I am praying for you on Mother's Day and always!!

Okay, sorry for the sappiness, I just needed to throw that out there! :)

5 comments:

Shaunna

What a sweet post, Kiera!! Sorry Ty was so sick, but it looks like you still had a good Mother's Day! THanks SO much for your sweet comments on my blog lately! They really do mean a lot to me! -shaunna :)

Lovely life of Jennie

You are a wonderful mother Kiera! I hate that you missed out this Sunday, we really missed you not being there! Hope Ty keeps feeling better! Love you!

Unknown

Bless your heart, but like you said, that what being a mom is all about. We are there for them in the good and the bad. Happy Mother's Day!
Love you

Kelly Key

awwww...that was sweet Kiera. I hate your lil' man was sick but understand just wanting to love on him. Hope those roids are still helping. Ty looks so cute in that picture pointing to the dum dums! That was hularious! Love & Miss y'all!

Holly-- The Storm Chaser

Sooo sweet!!! You are a wonderful momma too! Love you!