Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Busy, Busy, Busy

It's been busy around our house this past week. The boys started preschool for the very first time. Tyler is going Mon-Fri 9:00-1:00 and Tucker is going Mon-Thurs 9:00-1:00. Let me tell you, they LOVE it! Tyler especially, he really enjoys it and I think is going to have a great year!
They have art and music twice a week and Spanish once a week. They get to play outside on an awesome playground and also go to the "ball room" and run their little hearts out. I am so thankful that they are enjoying it and don't cry because they have to go, because that would kill me! They both just walk right in like they own the place. Ty's only concern is that we (David and I) are going to work and not staying there. He wants to make sure it's only him and Tuck there. I guess he feels so big that way. :) Tucker's class is about 1/2 girls 1/2 boys and Tuck is right in the middle age wise. Tyler has 9 boys and 2 girls and he is next to oldest in his class. I'm sure it's very interesting for the teachers! He's already smitten by one of the girls. Her name is Sophia, but Ty says he calls her Sophie. I said "Well, what does she look like?" and he said, "Like a princess!" I can't wait to meet this Sophia! :) All in all, I think we are in the right place and I'm so thankful that God lead us here. The boys are going to miss Darla beyond words, but at least we still get to see her all the time at church! And I'm sure they will still go over and play on some days. :)
One little story about the first day. Ty had been wearing some tennis shoes the whole day before around the house so he didn't have socks on, he loved the shoes. So we are getting them dressed and ready for school and Ty wants to wear those shoes, which was fine. When we put them on with socks they were too tight and they hurt his feet, so I told him he couldn't wear them and he had a melt down. So I couldn't get a good first day pick bc he was crying and wasn't having it. Finally we convinced him to wear some other ones and by the time we got to school he was happy and had forgotten all about it! Thank goodness! :)
Now, that the weather has cooled down a bit, David has been working hard on the yard. Of course, whenever he is out there the boys want to be right by his side. Which is a good thing! So Ty has his own shovel and works and works. Tucker, well, he just does his own thing and is so precious at doing it! :)
At some point I made a lemon icebox pie and Tucker LOVED it. So I let him lick the spoon. These pics were just too cute not to post. :)
I'm busy getting a dinosaur party ready for this weekend! I can't believe it but this little man is turning 3! So my next post will be all about that! I can't wait. He's getting a tree house built by David and Bradley (Sarah's fiance), but Shhh... Don't tell! :)
Hope everyone has an awesome week!!

2 comments:

The Hills

Isn't it wonderful when your kids can go to "school" without screaming when you leave! They are both growing up so fast...and Ty is going to be 3, WOW!!! Hope you guys have an awesome time at the dinosaur party!

Holly-- The Storm Chaser

LOVE all the pics. They are so handsome, Kiera! An I cannot even believe Tyler is going to be THREE??!! Crazy. Love and miss y'all!