Tuesday, November 25, 2008

And life continues..

My Grandma Todd passed away Friday, November 21, 2008. She had been battling with alzheimer's for many years. It's always so hard to see someone you love go through that, and what an amazing papa I have that took care of her till the very end. We can't wait to see her again someday!! We love and miss you grandma!!
So, let me catch up on what all has been going on.
Tuesday-Thursday (11/18-11/20) Grandma and Great-Grandma came to visit. It was fun to have them here and they were a big help keeping Ty for us while they were here. It was great-grandma's first time seeing Ty and I'm pretty sure she thought he was a keeper! Here is a picture of them (4 generations!) For some reason, the pictures are not doing right, so I'll try to fix them later.
Thursday night, we left after work and headed to Auburn. My wonderful friend, Katie was getting married. I hadn't seen her since my wedding, so I was really excited!!

We got there around 12 that night. We stayed with "my adopted parents" from my church there. Tommy and Glenda Jennings. They are the sweetest people and we so enjoyed getting to see them and spend a few nights with them! Thank you so much for letting us stay there and literally envade your house for 3 nights! :)

Friday morning we got up and got ready and we headed for the Bridesmaid's brunch. It was so nice and so fun to see some of the girls I haven't seen in years!

After the brunch, we headed to Amsterdam's Cafe to meet Amy. I hate I didn't get a picture, but she was beautiful as always. :) We had a great lunch and visit with her, and hated we didn't get to see Mack or stay with them, but there weren't enough hours in the day. :)

Next we headed to Charter Companies to see Ashley. We use to work together and have kept up with eachother since then. It was so good to see her. And again we didn't get a picture. :(

Then we headed to Bert and Holly's house. We hadn't seen them since my wedding and were so excited to get to see them and the "new" addition Hank. Let me tell you, I didn't stop laughing the whole time I was there. They definitely get the awesome parent award in my eyes!! 4 kids in 4 years. They are so adorable! I'm sure Holly might agree some days, and some days not. :) They were too cute and we loved seeing them! Here is picture that might possibly sum up the whole visit. Tyler was wide-eyed and entertained the whole time we were there. I'm not sure he's ready for 4 brothers/sisters. :) But boy wouldn't it be fun always having someone to play with! And like Holly said, these kids know how to take care of a baby, they were all in love with Tyler and wanted to hold him, I feel confident that if we (the adults) had left, Lucy would have them all under control! Too Cute!

When we left The Hudson's house, we headed back to the Jennings to change for the rehearsal/dinner. It was at the Cock of the Walk. We had a great dinner and then headed to the church for the rehearsal. I finally got to meet Daniel, Katie's now HUSBAND! He is so sweet and they are perfect for eachother. I'm so glad she meet such a wonderful guy to marry! We are so happy for her! After the rehearsal, David picked me up and we headed back to the Jennings, where Nolan and Ashley and little Jake, were waiting for us!! We were super excited to get there! She is 27 weeks pregnant and looks adorable! We had the most fun talking and giggling the whole weekend. We stayed up till 2 am so needless to say, Saturday morning we were pooped. Cause of course Ty didn't stay up with us, so at 5 he was ready to go! :) We had a great breakfast and then headed to Auburn to walk around and just be together. Ash and I took a pic in front of a Mock Toomer's tree. We had some bagel chips, from the Big Blue Bagel and then headed back to the house to get my dress for the wedding. They dropped me off at the church and I'm sure all took a little nap.

Meanwhile, we were getting ready for pictures and having a good time just all being together. Katie was super excited and not a nervous bone in her body. She looked absolutely gorgeous, as always, but even more as a bride! It was a beautiful wedding and so sweet. I know they had an awesome day! We had lots of fun at the reception hanging out with Ash, Nolan, Patrick, and Courtney. It was so good to be back in Auburn and see so many people I hadn't seen in forever!!

So after the wedding we went back home and pretty much fell asleep within the hour. We were mad because we wanted to stay up and talk since it was our last night, but we couldn't, we were exhausted! So overall the weekend was so much fun!! It's always hard to leave best friends, but makes you so excited for the next time you get to see them. Here is the first of many play-dates with Tyler and Jacob. Needless to say, they were both a little tired! :) We can't wait to see baby Jacob in February!! I'm hopefully going to make it to B'ham early March to see that precious boy!
Here are a few other pics taken this weekend:












So we left early Sunday morning so that we could make it back to church in time. Dad dropped GG off in Opelika to meet us and she rode back with us to NC. Dad, Mom, Mandy, Brittany, and the kids headed up to Cincinnati for the funeral. I unfortunately couldn't go, which made me really sad, but just coming back from maternity leave, I couldn't pull it off.

So we made it back just in time for church. Tyler did great! He's such a great baby! Thanks to GG for watching Tyler, I'm sure he loved it!

We put Tyler in his high chair for the first time and let him watch a baby Einstein video. He loved it. He sat there and watch the entire movie, it was hilarious. He would even smile and kind of laugh. It was so cute!

So, Nana, Mandy, Brittany, Austin, and Madi finally arrived to our house last night around 8:30. So lots of fun is to be had by us all! We will miss daddy, because he had to go back to FL for work. :( But we are so thankful for our wonderful family and friends!! God is good!

2 comments:

Kelly Key

Friend! I am so glad you posted all the details of the trip I was supposed to be on! As you said...life continues! I am so sorry about your grandmother...we're at that age aren't we....where we get older & so do the special people around us. Ya'll seem to have had a wonderful time on the AU trip...wish I could of been there! Love!

Holly-- The Storm Chaser

I'm so sorry to hear about your grandma. We will pray for your grandfather. I know it will be hardest for him. We miss you guys again. I wish you lived HERE!! You were rocking that bridesmaids dress, you are one hot mama! Tell David I'm going to find you guys jobs here, and I will keep Tyler for you... Well, Lucy will! :) I love and miss you tons.