Monday, December 1, 2008

Family, Food, and Fun...

This week was Thanksgiving and what a wonderful week it was. I had to work, so my family came to me. I so wish Daddy could have been there, but it just didn't work out. My grandmother came home with us from Auburn on Sunday. And Mom, Mandy, Brittany, Austin, and Madi came down on Tuesday night. I had to work Wednesday, so they stayed with Ty and tried to rest up from their crazy trip. Wednesday night we just hung out at the house (since we had church on Tuesday night, this week). We played games and just enjoyed watching the kids. Thursday morning we got up and started the Thanksgiving traditions, with the Macy's Day parade. We actually only watched the beginning when they have all the performances and stuff.

Mom and GG went out and bought us a really nice card table for Christmas. I was really excited because I never have enough seating when people come over so we just end up sitting on the couch. So I was excited to use my stuff and actually "set" the table.

We all kind of contributed to the food, because we all had things that we wanted to make. David and Austin fried the turkey. I made sweet potato casserole and mashed potatoes (with Mandy's help), Brittany made the stuffing, GG made the rolls and gravy, and Mom made the pumpkin crisp (with Mandy's help too). It made for a wonderful feast, I must say! We didn't eat till around 3 or so and we were all starving!

Austin just loves David and was his shadow the entire week, but David loved it and it really made him look forward to the times ahead with Tyler!
So after we ate, we cleaned up and played a few more games, and that's what the rest of the evening consisted of. Of course we always had a warm fire burning thanks to the guys! :)

So Friday we decided to get out and face the crowds. GG stayed home with Tyler, Thanks GG!!

It wasn't too bad, of course there were people everywhere, but that's too be expected! We had a good day, long, but good! When we got home we decided to take some cousin pictures, and actually they turned out pretty good, despite the fact that no one had a nap! :)Then that night we went out to eat to celebrate Brittany's birthday! She's 22 today... Happy Birthday BB!!! We love you!

Sadly, Saturday morning they had to head back to Florida! We are so blessed and thankful they got to come visit, just wish they didn't live so far away!
Thank you for a wonderful Thanksgiving!! We love and miss you!!
Here are a few pictures that we took along the way. :)
Now on to Christmas!! The Tree goes up tonight.. Look for those pics soon! :)

4 comments:

mandystephens

Thanks for letting us crash with you!!! We had so much fun and I miss you all so much already!!! I love you bunches...give Tyler smooches from us!

House of Craig

Hey girl! We also had Thanksgiving out our house this year...it was a lot of fun! Your little one is so precious and I can't wait to meet him. I miss you! Email me sometime with your address-maghancraig@gmail.com. Take care :)

Holly-- The Storm Chaser

I LOVE your new picture at the top. What a beautiful family. Sounds like you guys had a blast. Love and miss you.

Ashley and Nolan

looks like yall had a blast! All the pics are great! I'm so glad I finally got to meet Tyler and spend time with yall! love!!!!