Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Lately and Halloween...

So, it seems the last couple of weeks have been crazy. So I have a lot of blogging to catch up. This post is going to be Halloween and the weeks before. So my wonderful Mother-in-Law came to visit us about 2 or 3 weeks ago. We always love when she comes! She's a crafty lady and has all kind of fun gadgets so she usually brings them all when she comes and then the last day before she leaves we try to cram everything in! She brought her monogramming machine and I had 3 or 4 projects to work on, so we had fun trying to get them all complete although the last night she was probably ready to kill me because I kept her up till 1:00am trying to finish, cause I'm some-what of a perfectionist when it comes to things like that! ;) My house on the other hand, people will probably beg to differ. For some reason in our household we have the hardest time of keeping things in their place and keep up with the laundry. So that's another reason why my mother-in-law is so great because when she's here, she can't sit still, so she cleans and does laundry while keeping Ty for us! So this is what my couch looked like when I got home from work one day. I really appreciate her and all she does for us. It's such a treat to have her come, and grandpa when he can! ;) We are looking forward to Thanksgiving with them this year! Also, she left the day before her birthday and although we technically went out to eat for her bday, it totally slipped my mind and didn't even pay!!! So she had to pay for her own birthday dinner! So sorry about that! I'll make it up to you, promise! I'm also posting some pictures that Grandma took while she was here. The cute rainboots she got him although he wasn't to happy about them at first, he likes them now, they are just a little hard to walk in. ;) She got to witness Ty in Timeout and I think she thought it was pretty funny, bless him! Daddy and Ty built a fire. It was the cutest thing because Ty just wanted to be right beside David every step he took. Of course, Ty is a boy and loves the remote, I guess he just got comfy on his bean bag and found something good to watch. :) And then a pic of me and Ty, in his precious sweater, together.
In the meantime, David is so into Bow Hunting right now. Any chance he gets, he's in the woods or preparing for it! One night around 11, I found him in the woods beside our house trying out his tree stand and making sure he had it before hunting the next morning. It really was a hilarious site! Our house is the first house in the neighborhood and a couple cars past while he was 30' up a tree in the middle of the neighborhood. It was so funny, and they thought so too! I love my hubby, never a dull moment!!
So the next weekend Ty and I flew down to surprise my sister for her 30th birthday, but that's going to have to be the next post because it's way too long to combine them all, so I will skip to Halloween.
This year we were excited to get to go Trick-or-Treating with Tyler since he can walk now and would love it, but it POURED rain the entire night. We went out to the Branch Ranch and had a chicken stew with some friends and boy was it fun! Halloween day was kind of crazy because the whole day it was kind of muggy and hot. So I didn't put Ty's costume on till the very end because I knew he would burn up! So lets just say he was a football player until around 8:30 until he turned into a lion for about 10 minutes and then quickly had enough of that and decided he just wanted to be himself and wear his birthday suit. And by the way, I was a leopard because I had some comfy pj pants that I really wanted to wear, costume.. Perfect! (so that is what the cat lines on my face are!) We had a great day and most of all because we were all together. When we got there David went fishing and caught a little fish, so he brought it up to show Ty. I think Tyler was a little impressed, but not too much. ;) Daddy also brought bubbles to entertain with. I'm telling you he's a fun daddy!! :)
We got home around 10 after a 30 minute drive in the pouring rain and all crashed. It was a fun Halloween and hopefully next year we will be able to Trick or Treat not only with our lion but his little cub! ;)
That's right, on that subject, I really need to start my belly pics. I think with Ty I took one at 4 weeks. I'm 8 weeks now and haven't even taken one... I must get on that before I get called out for having favorites. ;)

7 comments:

SYB

Aww you're costume is so cute. SUch a hot momma! Ty's pretty cute too. Those costumes are precious if you could just get them to wear it for more than 5 minutes!

Kat

These pictures are adorable. I love Tyler's curly hair!!! He sure is cute. Thanks for the update!

Holly-- The Storm Chaser

Love the pics... and love that you and I are completely the same in the laundry dept! It never ends!!

Tyler was a super cute lion, even if it was only for 10 mins!
Love and miss you.

Kristy

I think yout time out picture is my favorite I have ever seen! So adorable and pitiful all at the same time! :)

Hilary

I just got caught up...Congrats! What an exciting time!!

amyandmack

aww, you look so pretty! and tyler is adorable as usual :) the timeout pic is priceless! love the new background, btw!

Ashley and Nolan

i love the time-out seat! I'll have to try that oe out! :) Love!