Wednesday, April 14, 2010

David's Birthday Weekend...

So here we are with another weekend update... This past week we had a great week. The weather was gorgeous and we went to the park about everyday after work. It was very nice and relaxing. Thursday night Ty started running a low grade fever around 99 or so. We didn't really think much about it because he often runs a little fever when he's cutting teeth. Friday morning, I went ahead and took him to the doctor just in case since we were having a bunch of people over that night for David's birthday. I surely didn't want to get anyone sick, if he was sick. The doctor checked him out and said everything looked good, so I really didn't worry much about it. I went ahead and took him to Darla's house. She said he was really good all day, just a little tired and really just wanted to lay around, but he wasn't fussy or anything. So we headed home to get ready for the cookout. We had a great time. There was great friends, great food, and great fellowship there and I really enjoyed being all together and I think David had a great time too. Tyler had fun with everyone being there and was super goofy the entire time. Around 9:30 after everyone had left, he started getting a little fussy so I took his temp and it was around 101, I think. So I gave him some Motrin and he went to sleep. He slept all night so I figured he was good. Saturday we met up with Candace and her mom and headed to the mall in Greensboro. We had a fun time and Tyler was good. He really didn't eat Friday or Saturday, and I kept trying to give him fluids, but he didn't seem to want it. He kept falling asleep while we were driving home, but he would kind of moan and couldn't really get to sleep. So, when we got home I took him temp again and it was 103. I called the doctor and they were already closed for the day. After talking to them and telling them everything, they really thought we should go to the ER because he was not eating or drinking and they thought he could have a bladder infection/UTI or something else. So we packed up and headed over. When we got there his temperature was 104. I was kind of freaking out. I just kept thinking about what awful things it could be and it didn't make since that he keeps getting sick... So they had to do a catheter (which was pure awful, David had to hold him down, and I couldn't watch) to get some urine to test. Then they took him back to do a chest xray, which David said was also so traumatic, because they have to strap him to this board with his arms above his head. I, of course, had to leave the room because I'm pregnant, but I don't think I could have stayed anyway. So after that we headed back to our cube. The air was broken and there was no TV or anything. We were there all in all for 5 hours. It was pure exhausting. Tyler kept falling asleep and at one point we got this picture and he looks like a precious angel. He had his hands crossed like he was praying. It made my heart smile. :) After about 3 hours into the process, they come and tell us that the lab lost his urine sample. I was about to go ballistic until she told me that that has happened before, so she always takes 2 samples when she does it the first time. So thank goodness. So a couple hours after that they said all the test came back normal, he must just have a virus..... I was still really upset because at this point I wanted answers. But no, they just sent us home. So the rest of the night we just sat around and I cuddled with the little man. It wasn't till we got home that we realized through this whole process they didn't even draw blood. That made me mad again, because they would know it was a virus or not by drawing blood. But they didn't. So Sunday, Ty and I stayed at home and pretty much just laid around, played outside for a little while. He still had about 102 temp the whole day. David had lots to do at church that day and was super stressed. I felt so sorry for him!! But we managed and got through Sunday. He still had not had a wet diaper so that was really bothering me, so David called the Dr and got another appt for Monday morning. Sunday night after David got home from church Ty finally perked up. We got him to eat some of David's birthday cake and some cheerios, which in turn made him drink. I felt so much better that night because he was actually starting to seem like he felt a little better. David got some cute pics of him that night. David is trying to teach him the "I love you" sign, but instead he always just does the "OK" sign. It's hilarious. But it's his way of doing it. Tyler slept good Sunday night because he slept in my bed. Of course every hour he would wake up screaming, I don't know if it was that something was hurting or he was having a bad dream, but he did that the entire time he was sick. Monday, was David's birthday. I headed to work because I had an important meeting, and David stayed with Ty. He took him to our Dr and had a very thorough exam. Dr. Bell, said it was definitely a virus but that he thought it was at the very end of it. I felt OK with the diagnose coming from him because I know he's a great Dr. Tyler didn't run a fever the whole day. David said they had a really good day. So that night when I got off work, we headed to Candace and Bryan's for some yummy supper she cooked and then headed to the ball field to watch David's first softball game of the season. We had a great time and Tyler loved being able to be outside and run around at last! I hated that David's birthday fell at such a crummy time, but that's how it goes now a days. :) We are so thankful for him and what a wonderful daddy he is!! He takes care of us and provides for us with all that he has! We are so incredible blessed to have him!! Happy Birthday Baby!!!
So, I'm knocking on wood and thanking everyone for their prayers, but I think we are finally over that nasty thing. It was a really tough weekend for us, but I'm just thankful for family and friends that called and checked on us and for all the prayers that got us through it. I know it might sound silly because it was "just a virus", but seriously I was a basket case! Could be the pregnancy or the lack of sleep, but lets just say we are so thankful to have that behind us!!
We are looking forward to going to Ohio this weekend to visit David's family.
Sorry this was so long and detailed, but I wanted to have all the details so one day I can look back and remember that "this too shall pass!"
Hope everyone is having a great week!!

4 comments:

Unknown

I'm so glad Ty is better, bless yall's hearts.

Unknown

Please let me know if ya'll are ever coming through down here. We need to catch up and meet each others kids oh so badly!!

SYB

O my woman! What an exciting weekend! SEnding lots of love your way.

Ashley and Nolan

So glad that everything is getting better! I had no idea he was going through all that! I know how rough it is to see your little man so pitiful...I can't even imagine how it is when you're preggo! Love yall!