Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It's a GOOOOD Day!

So, mom and dad are in Houston today and we got the news yesterday that mom's tumors are shrinking! Praise God!! What an awesome answered prayer! Still a ways to go, but at least we are on the right track! She will have a treatment tomorrow and then one more in 3 weeks and then she will go back to Houston for another scan and there the Dr will decide which way to go. She can only be on this current treatment for 8 rounds and after these next 2 that will bring her to 6. So he will look at the new scans and figure out the best way to go. So please be praying for this that the tumors will continue to shrink and that God will give the doctors knowledge about where to go next! Thanks for all your prayers. We are so excited and slept a little better last night! :) God is Good! (this picture is from a girls weekend mom had last week and this is her cousin aka sister, Teresa)
Also on that note, I need to report, some of our best friends, Candace and Bryan and their family had a great week last week too! Bryan gave one of his kidney's to Candace's mom on Thursday. The surgery went just as planned and everything is working perfectly! Continue to pray that it will continue to work well and both Bryan and Sandra will have a good and quick recovery! :) We're so excited for them! (this picture is 3 days after the transplant...isn't that amazing!)
So, now on to more of life...
David was gone last weekend with a few of his guy friends to the beach. They went to help fix up the beach house and enjoy some food and fishing! I think they accomplished it all. Meanwhile, back at the house, me and the boys were busy crafting! :)
Barbara and I decided to do a craft sale that her preschool was putting on. So we started a few weeks back and my house has been a disaster ever since. My kitchen table has totally been taken over. It's a mess. But I did seem to get most of it together. The sale was yesterday and today, and hopefully we will get some stuff sold. We also decided to start an etsy shop and just see where this goes. She mostly does painting and do I sewing and making little baby items. So together we thought it worked well. We came up with the name, Scraps & Doodles. So that is our etsy name and email address. Let me know if you are interested in anything. Once we get everything up and running I'll put up the link so you can see some of our stuff. But here are a few pictures that we took and some of the stuff set up at the sale. :)



Really I didn't craft all weekend, I had a lot of it done, but I had a few items to finish up. :) We had gorgeous weather, so we actually got to spend a lot of time outside and even went on a walk with Sarah! It felt great! Ty and I watered the plants and of course he thought he needed to play in the hose and mud for a good 45 minutes. So I let him! :) Tucker was taking a nap so we played and played on the playground, played baseball, and just enjoyed being together. He even told me "You're the best mommy Ever" Seriously he did. It totally melted my heart! Then the night came and they played in the bath forever. It's getting so fun to watch them because they are really starting to play together and it's so fun! Tucker adores Ty and wants to do everything he is doing, but also, it's the other way around sometimes too! I really think they are going to be best friends and that makes me so happy!
This picture just makes me think "The battle of the Wills" and you can just guess who won...


And I got a shot of "the tooth"! Finally. I have been trying but he won't ever show me when I have the camera out! He almost has 2 now. One is coming in right beside that one. He's been working on it for a while, but it's almost through. We had his 9 month check up and he passed with flying colors. He was 24 lbs (92%), 29" (74%), and his head of course was more than 99%. Dr. Bell was impressed with his ability to stand up by using the wall and thought everything was right on schedule. Thank goodness we didn't have to have any shots, but his one year appointment will change that. We all got a little cold after that, so we just now trying to get over it. So hopefully soon, we will all feel better!
So, that's about all the news I have for now. Life is good and we are thanking Him for all our wonderful blessings!
The only bad thing right now is that one of my teeth broke on Monday, so I had to go to the dentist yesterday and it has to be pulled and I have to go today to an endodontist to check about a root canal on another tooth and then on Friday I have to go get my teeth cleaned and find out how many fillings I need... Oh my, I am NOT happy about this! But this too shall pass...

7 comments:

Holly-- The Storm Chaser

YAY for good health reports! So thankful the tumors are shrinking! I got to see your dad at Granny Scott's funeral. They did a wonderful job singing.

And I LOVE your etsy shop name! Your stuff is SUPER CUTE! I'll be spreading the word!

I LOVE you!!

Unknown

I'm so glad your Mom got good news! I'll continue to pray for her and your fam! LOVE your crafts :) Can't wait to see your etsy shop.

amyandmack

yaaaay for the good news about you mom!! I am SO glad!
I love all your crafts you have made...so awesome! let me know when your etsy store is open:)
The boys are adorable! I can tell they have so much fun together...love it!! love you bunches!

Carli and Chris

Look at you with your new Etsy store! Love it. Great blog & update! Miss you.

The Hills

What wonderful news on your Mom's cancer! I will continue to keep her and your family in my prayers! Awesome crafts too! And isn't it precious to see your boys together...I just love it!

Ashley and Nolan

Still so happy about your momma's news!!! And all your craft stuff is TOO CUTE! I always thought you should sell all the cute stuff you make. Hate to hear about your teeth...I feel your pain! :( Love all your pics. Miss you guys SO MUCH! LOVE!!!!

Screaming Meme

Life is good...great photos of them being kids...:) Made me smile. Love your shower curtain too!
Hi, I'm Meme from Screaming Meme. I am having a giveaway series over @ Screaming Meme...This week is a slipcover. I hope you get a chance to come by and sign up. And remember to check back to see more wonderful giveaways each week...Hope to see you there!