Monday, August 8, 2011

4th of July

The Runyan Family (David's mom's side) always has a huge 4th of July celebration. So, we decided to be in Ohio this year for it! Last year we couldn't because we had just had Tucker, but we were able to go the year before. Well we started out having an awesome lunch. With everything you can imagine. It was oh so yummy as always. :) Then around 2 the real fun starts. They have a gigantic water fight. With all kinds of guns, balloons, and this year 2 pools. Everyone plays and even if you think you are not going to, you end up soaked at the end, because no one is safe. :) Tucker missed it because he was taking a nap, but I"m sure next year he'll be ready to go. :) We had a blast and my lovely husband even dunked me in the pool because I guess I was too quick and was not wet enough for them! haha! :) It is an event everyone gets ready for all year. Searching for the best guns, etc. That aside, it's so fun to be with family and we enjoy the time we get to be with them! Also, Blythe is always on top of things bringing fun things for the kids. They got a goody bag full of stuff and of course Ty loved the tatoos the most. :)
Sarah brought her boyfriend, Bradley home for the first time that weekend. I'm pretty sure he had fun! That night we drove back to Kenton to watch the fireworks, but both boys passed out in the car on the way home, so they didn't get to enjoy it, but we did and I think it was honestly one of the best fireworks shows I've ever seen. It was awesome. But then we headed back a little before it was over to beat the crowd. I also wore my "4th of July shirt" for the 5th year this year. (and I'm not about to get married, have a baby, or just had a baby! Shocker!) It's getting a little worn out but I guess when you only wear it once a year, that's not too much wear and tear. :)
Tuesday morning we got up and headed back to NC. It was a great trip. Never easy to leave family, but I guess that's life. Fun memories taken with us. :)

2 comments:

Ashlee

Cute pics! I love that you wear the same shirt every year...neat idea!

amyandmack

I'm loving the 4th of july tank:) so glad to see all the posts. love the pics...looks like yall have had a fun summer!!love you hun