Wednesday, August 13, 2008

We finally bit the bullet

We have been thinking, praying, and discussing this for a while now, and after much talk, hours, and decisions (mostly on David's part at the dealership) Saturday we bought a brand new van!! Now, I've never been one for Mini Vans, but I love this one. I really don't feel like I"m driving a van, it has so many cool features and I know it will be so practical for us! Hauling the youth group and precious little Tyler. Both of our cars were at the end of the road ( I mean, mine wasn't but it was at the point, trade it now, or run it out), so we decided to trade both of our cars in for a 2008 Honda Odyssey. I know what you are thinking.. "one car in this day and age" cause that was my initial reaction too. But we are looking for a little car with high miles that will get us to and from work, for the one that doesn't have Tyler for the day, which honestly will probably be me. Our handy financial friend helped us come up with this solution which I think was the best solution to our problem and will be the best decision in the end. So that being said.... It was bitter sweet saying bye to our cars, but we got to drive off in a vechicle with 21 miles on it, which was a first for both of us, so we were pretty excited. You should have seen David! (which by the way, LOVES mini vans!) I haven't taken any good pictures of it except at the dealership, but I will get on that asap. For the mean time, I found an exact picture of it with the color and everything so you can get the idea. The first one is our actual van, it's just not the best pic. This was when the guy was explaining how to work all of the features, so I jumped out and snapped a quick shot.
So we are pretty excited about our new purchase! :)
This week has been a good week so far. It's getting really hard for me to get comfortable and I'm really not sleeping all that much either. Tyler is making himself known, for sure. I am on weekly appointments now. It just seems crazy to be so close! I have had really great blood pressure through the whole pregnancy around 100/60, but yesterday when I went for my appointment it had gone up 138/84!! It worried me a bit, the doctor seemed to think that it wasn't that bad, just weird that it had jumped so far up when I have been pretty much doing the same stuff. So I go back in a week to check it and then we will go from there. I haven't been "checked" yet, so I don't know if there is anything going on down there as of now. But lets hope and pray Tyler likes his little home for at least a couple more weeks! Here are my 34 week belly pictures, as we move on to the big 35!

I leave for Asheville, NC in the morning for work. Already a few of the guys already told me that if it gets too boring and we need a break, they are going to give me "the look" and I must immediately start having contractions, yeah, we'll see how that works out! :)

We'll come back on Friday night and then take the youth group to Emerald Point on Saturday, which is a big water park in Greensboro. I'm excited about the lazy river and relaxing by the pool all day! Sounds like music to my ears!

1 comments:

McKinney Madness

Kiera you look amazing! Not even joking... I'm super impressed. Looks like you got some hot wheels, too! You go girl!