Friday, August 8, 2008

TGIF!!!

That's all I can say about that. This week has been so busy! I'll start off with last weekends events.
Thursday night we left Winston and headed to West Virginia to spend the night with some good friends Bonnie and Will and their 3 kids. It's about 1/2 way to Ohio, so a perfect place to stop for the night. We got in about 9:30 hung out for a few hours and then went to bed. We woke up pretty early Friday morning because we needed to get to Ohio to start the days events. We got to Ohio and immediately went and got David's suit for the wedding. It looked great on him, by the way. Then headed home for some lunch. It was a good afternoon, just relaxing and getting to spend time with our family. Then that night we headed down to Marysville (about 30 minutes away) for the rehearsal and dinner. Zach and Carmen, David's best friend's wedding. It was outside and honestly the weather was great, I thought it was going to be so humid and hot, but it turned out to be very nice. This is a picture of us 4 at the rehearsal dinner.
After that I went back home with Sarah (David's sister) and David stayed the night with Zach.
Saturday morning we got up pretty early and headed down to grandma's for my shower. They threw a great shower and had so many neat touches!
We got everything else we needed and so many cute things! It was a fun time and also very relaxing, a few friends and mostly family were there. Here are a few things that they made for the shower. David's mom and sisters made a precious "clothes cake" it had onesies, burp cloths, and receiving blankets wrapped in it. Then on the outside it had passies, towel, shoes, and a precious laughing bear on top. It was so cute!! They did such a great job! :) There was so much wonderful food, I wish I had taken a picture of everything, but these cake squares made my mom had his name on them, it was so cute and grandma's cinnamon rolls, look how huge they are! :) And then we had so many wonderful casseroles, fruit, and punch. It was great!
Here are a few random pictures from the shower.

So after the shower we headed back home for some R & R before the wedding. We headed to the wedding around 5. It was a gorgeous day! It really wasn't hot at all and the weather was great. They had the wedding under a big tent in the back yard (which is outlined with corn) it was amazing and we had so much fun taking pictures. Carmen was beautiful and the wedding was perfect! Here are some random pictures from the wedding.














So after the wedding we went home and crashed. Sunday morning we got up pretty early and headed back to NC because VBS started Sunday night and we had to be back for that. We had a pretty uneventful trip home, I even drove a few hours (so that means David must have been exhausted, because he never lets me drive). We got home around 3 and headed straight to church. VBS started at 5:30. David was the main character/song leader. So he put on the show every night. He did a great job as always and the kids just love him! He was Deputy Dave and complete with his costume. Every night we would chant for him and he would run out after the fog of course! We had a great turn out this year around 120 kids! It was a great week. The decorations were so cute and covered all the hallways, fellowship hall, auditorium and classrooms. A lot of work went into this week! We did VBS Sunday through Wednesday from 5:30 to 8:30 complete with a meal and everything. The kids were divided into age groups and named different space names. I was the craft teacher for the Red Rockets. Our class was the 4 year olds. They were precious, but of course they are 4! :) Here is a picture of our class.
Needless to say by the end of each night we were all pretty much exhausted! Each night the kids had a box in the front of the auditorium to bring can goods and the class that had the most cans at the end of the week got to slime Deputy Dave. I think it was a little more than he bargained for because if you know David you know he is a gagger. So on Wednesday night, the Aqua Astronauts won. So one by one (about 15 of them) got to poor a cup of "Slime" on him while he was sitting in a kiddy pool. The slime was baby shampoo and jello. It was ok until he started getting it in his mouth and nose and then there were a couple of times he really did start gagging. I felt so bad for him, but of course being the wonderful man that he is, was a great sport about it and didn't even complain. He just waited till they were done and ran outside to get sprayed down with the water hose!

I just have to add that Millie was so concerned about Mr. Da-bed. I was holding her and her face was absolutely adorable. She was so sad that they were pouring things on him and after it was over, she kept wanting me to take her to him so she could see that he was ok. Then she felt his head and gave him a big hug and she was better. It almost made me cry it was so sweet!

It was a good end to a great VBS!!!

And now we are in the last month before Tyler gets here! We are trying to get everything in order and get prepared for him! I am so excited and can't wait to see his precious face. I am starting to get a little nervous about the whole delivery, but I know that everything will be fine and we'll have a precious little boy to show for it. We are on our 34th week, but here are my 33 week belly pictures. I'm starting to get very uncomfortable and feeling like I really am pregnant! :) This weekend should be pretty easy going. Going to try to get some stuff done around the house and get Tyler's room completely in order and hopefully get a few more hours of shut eye! Because Monday begins another busy week! I have to go to Asheville, NC Thursday and Friday for work and then Charleston, SC Friday thru Sunday with the kids for their last summer trip before school. Lots of fun, but sure to be tiring.

3 comments:

The Gernand Family

You are so stinking cute!!! Lookin good! These last few weeks will fly by!

mandystephens

you were on a roll...that's alot of writing! I miss you so much!!! You better start telling Tyler that I'm his favorite! :)
I love you and can't wait to see you!!

Kristen Smith

Kiera
Hey its Kristen Smith from pensacola. I clicked onto your blog from Kelly Keys.You look awesome. I cannot believe you are that far along! I am so sorry I missed the shower at the locklins' My youngest boys name is Ty and we love it. Your little Tyler is so blessed to have parents like you and David. I am thrilled to see you living such a wonderful life! You deserve it. All my best!
Kristen