Monday, March 2, 2009

Nana and the Snow day


So this weekend my mom came to visit. She was on a business trip and they happened to fly her from south Florida to Charlotte and then back home to Florida. Crazy how the airlines do it, but good for us because that gave her the idea that she could come here for a few days before heading back home. And that she did! We went to pick her up Saturday morning and then was going to go to IKEA, but no such luck. Traffic was terrible, it was raining and so we just decided to head back home. That trip really took all day, but didn't seem like it because I got to visit with mom all day, so that was really fun! So Sunday we got up went to church and then had a ministry fair. So we had soup and sandwiches. They cancelled church that night saying that there was bad weather coming. I had no idea until that point that we were even expected to get snow. So Sunday was spent watching Lifetime movies and just relaxing by the fire. It was nice.
About 8:00 that night the snow began. It was beautiful! We woke up Monday morning to 3-5" of snow!!! I was so pumped not only was mom there, but I didn't have to go to work. So I got to go play in the snow and build a snowman. It was lots of fun. Then we all went out and took pictures. I wish the timing was right, but not so much cause Tyler was tired and ready for a nap, but we were ready to take pictures. So we took a few and then I wanted some pic of him in the snow, so I sat him down and after a few seconds (notice the smiling picture as he is starting to lean), he did a face plant in the snow. It scared him and of course probably wasn't the best feeling. So he started crying. Mom took him inside to dry him off and then we took the last pics before mom put the whammy on him and David and I got to take Kylie for a walk.
I'm pretty sure it chapped his face because the rest of the day it was red and splotchy, I felt SO bad!!
Later that day we went to Target to get a few things and then all met and went to Pancho Villa's (our new favorite Mexican) to eat. It was a great day. We got to skype with Grandma and Grandpa (David's mom) so that was a fun treat. And then proceeded to end our night with a terrible 3 hour saga of the bachelor. Of course we kind of knew this was coming because of a video on you tube I had seen, but to watch it made us furious. Anyway, that's all I will say about that because there's no need to waste more time on that! :)
So we are enjoying mom's last day till she has to go back tomorrow. But will be back in a few weeks, so that makes me really happy!!! Thanks mom for coming and doing all you did and so glad you got to see the snow, and us of course!!! Love you!!










4 comments:

mandystephens

I cannot wait to see you all in a couple of weeks!! The kids will have so much fun!!!! I know they will LOVE Ty to pieces!!!

Holly-- The Storm Chaser

At least you picked Tyler up right away and didn't take a pic of his face plant while still in the snow.... cause that's what I probably would have done! :-) You know me... what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. Too cute, that boy is. Miss you. Glad you guys had so much fun. Love you!

amyandmack

awww, cute pics! Looks like so much fun! Tyler looks so precious. I like the one of you and him. yay for snow!

Ashley and Nolan

love the pics! We keep playing phone tag...but will talk soon! LOVE!