Friday, August 28, 2009

Randomness...

This week has been pretty low-key. David has spent most of his time working on our deck. I'm so proud of him because he's done it all by himself and has done a great job with it. It's almost done with the decking and then will come the rails, stairs, and side bars, but that will come later. We are just happy to have a nice platform to walk on. He did it in Trex, so that it will last longer and will be very durable. Here is a pic of him working from the beginning. He tore our old deck off because it was rotting and just really didn't look very good. So, it's been a process, but he's done a great job with it.
We are planning Tyler's one year birthday party, which is fun, but also kind of sad. I can't believe he's already one. He really is starting to look like and act like a little boy and not so much baby. It's crazy how fast it was flown by!

Sarah and I took him to the park, at her apartment, the other day. He had a blast but it was about 90 degrees, so we didn't get to stay very long. He liked playing in the sand and just being independent. He's constantly on the go and can now go from sitting to standing without having to pull up on something. He's learning lots of new "tricks" these days. We are just having a blast with him! I think he's about to get 2 more teeth on the top. So hopefully by his birthday he will have 4 on top and 2 on bottom. We'll see. I'm still trying to get a pic of those honker teeth on the top, but I can't seem to get them in a picture. :)
Wednesday, was Millie's 4th birthday. I was feeling froggy, so I made her a cake. Of course it's chocolate, per her request. I don't have a pic of the inside yet because I wasn't able to be there when they ate it, but I think Barbara has some, so I'll post some pics of her with the cake when I get them. I think it turned out pretty good. I had different ideas in my head of what to do with it, but they didn't quite work, so this is how it ended up. Hope you had a great birthday Millie! She probably doesn't really think it was her birthday because the party is not till Saturday! ;)

And last but not least, I wanted to put a little shout out for my Cousin Teresa's new website. She is one of the funniest people I know. We love to be around her and her family, the only problem is that they live in Kentucky and we don't get to get up there near as much as we would like! She is the mother of 5. Starting with a son, my age, and then down to her twin boys that are 17. Rachel is the only girl and we have grown up together being the best of friends. Back to my point, she was started a website called NANAHOOD. She has one granddaughter and is the author of many fun and helpful books. She's has worn many hats over the years, as a daughter, wife, mother, friend, teacher, writer, and many more I'm sure I'm missing. But this website is for all the "Nana's" out there to chat, tell stories, share advice, and just have an overall connection. So if you are a "Nana" and you're reading this, you should check it out, if you're not, then you should tell your mom and then check it out anyway! ;) The address is: http://nanahood.com/

So that concludes the randomness for this week. Saturday we have 2 birthday parties to go to. So we should have a fun weekend and then look forward to Grandma and Mike coming Monday! And our wood floors are getting finished this coming week. So I'll have lots to post next week! Have a fun weekend and enjoy every minute!




4 comments:

The Hills

Man, you have a handy husband!!! I am afraid to let Thomas touch anything...he just "rigs" stuff! Tyler is getting so big and handsome...can't believe he is almost a year old!!! And girl, seriously, you should start a side cake business!!!

Nicole

Kiera your cakes are AWESOME! You are so creative and I love them! Tyler is so precious! Can't believe less than two weeks it has been a year since we had them!! :-(

Holly-- The Storm Chaser

Tyler is too cute.

Your cake is too cute.

Your new blog design is too cute.

You have cuteness oozing in your veins! I love and miss you!

Ashley and Nolan

You are so good with those cakes! How about a career change??? :) Tyler is such a big boy. His hair looks like it's geting so thick! He is such a handsome little man! Can't wait until we can get our boys together again!