Monday, March 22, 2010

The weekend...

This weekend was just perfect. Friday after work, David and Ty planted flowers in the flower bed. We had an Easter egg hunt and really just enjoyed being outside and being together. Ty enjoyed some graham crackers too, as you can tell! That night we went to the Trinh's for some yummy spaghetti and then to Kohl's and Target. Saturday we slept till around 9:00 and then hit the floors running. Ty immediately wanted to go play outside, so I sent him right out in his pjs. The rest of the day, David spent outside spreading pine straw and doing other things around the house and Ty helped him a lot and I spent the day inside cleaning out closets and getting things put away. It was a very productive day. I was so proud of be able to scratch so many things off our to-do list! It was a beautiful day around 70 or so. That night we met Bryan, Candace, and Brandon at a Mexican restaurant, left there and got some yogurt from Zaks and then headed home to watch Wake Forest and Kentucky. We had a fun time and enjoyed being with friends. Then that night we crashed! Up Sunday morning for church. We had a pot luck, so I asked David to run by the grocery and get some stuff, because I had no time on Saturday to make it, I was focusing on other things! :) So after church we had a good Spring Pot luck and then headed home for naps. Ty and I both took a 3 hour nap, it was very much needed! :) Then we got up and played around a little while until 5:30 when the teens were coming over. We had a good turnout, around 30 or so. We ordered pizza and had dessert. The video below is what happens when 20 teenagers encourage your little 18 month old! He had a blast and loved everyone being there. He loves the "kids" and they love him too! It's so neat to watch them all interact. Needless to say, when they left he was wound tight! So we played for about an hour and then we all crash! It was a great weekend and I very much enjoyed it!I was up, dressed, and ready for boot camp this morning at 5:20, then I remembered that David parked behind me, so I quickly jumped back into bed!! Guess I really didn't want to go anyway! There's always Wednesday!! ;) Hope you have a great week!!

3 comments:

Holly-- The Storm Chaser

TOO CUTE that boys is!!!

SYB

What a cute video. O the corruption! Miss you dear! Let's catch up soon!

Ashley and Nolan

Are those pics of your house??? I don't recognize anything for some reason. I know it felt good to be productive. By the way, how in the world are you doing boot camp being preggo? Impressive! Miss y'all so much!