Tuesday, April 22, 2008

"Good friends are like stars... You don't always see them, but you know they are always there."

I had a wonderful weekend with some of my best friends. We were roommates in college and have been best friends ever since. I flew in to Birmingham from Raleigh Friday morning. Once they picked me up there, we ate at our favorite little "girly" spot, O'Carrs for a fruit and chicken salad plate. Ummm, was that good! Then on to the lake. Ashley's parents have a lake house on Lay Lake, so that is where we went! We got there and it was gorgeous so decided right away to put on our swimsuits and get some sun! The water was way too cold so we decided to do a little kayaking, I've never done that before so I was so excited! We had a blast!

Then it started getting really windy and cold so we decided to move to the deck and chit chat and then went inside (on the screened in porch) for a fabulous meal and sat there for 5 hours discussing life, while the rain gave us nice background noice.

Saturday morning we woke up to a wonderful breakfast that Ashley's mom made for us and, got our swimsuits back on and headed to the lake. We had an awesome pontoon boat ride and then enjoyed some more kayaking. Then we had lunch at a little marina thing that had awesome hamburgers and then headed back to the house.


We decided to leave and go to Ashley's house for showers and stuff. Then we went and grabbed some supper and headed to my favorite place, Snow Biz! It was awesome! Then did a little shopping and of course stopped by Starbucks and then headed to Kelly's new house for the night.

Sunday we woke up, went to church and then had a great lunch at Chili's with great friends! Then back home to change clothes then off to the airport I went. So sad to leave, but so greatful that I was able to come visit!


After an uneventful plane ride home I landed in Raleigh and drove home to see my ever so excited husband! I'm very thankful that he loves me so much that he misses me so bad when I'm gone. What a wonderful life I have!

And this pretty much sums it all up:

"I always knew looking back on the tears would make me laugh.But I never knew looking back on the laughs would make me cry."

6 comments:

Ashley and Nolan

awwww...so fun! Almost made me cry! I love you! So grateful you got to come! :)

Austin

I love getting to watch what's happening with you... why was your drink much larger than everyone elses??? :) love you!!!

mandystephens

I looks like you had fun and I'm glad, but I wish you were with me!!!

Kelly Key

Friend...what a great blog! I love this thing! Your quotes are awesome..I especially love the last one. I am with Ash..it brought tears to my eyes. :-( I had an awesome time...I can't believe I forgot about Snow biz on mine! :-) Love you

Barbara

Looks like so much fun! It just makes me even more excited to have my girls weekend...can't wait!!! We are glad you are back.

Kristen

Hey old friend! It was good reading your blog. I am so excited for you and your hubby! I'm glad that things are going well up in North Carolina. Hopefully we can keep in touch via blog. BTW, I love your short straight haircut!