Wednesday, September 10, 2008

False Alarm #1...

So, this is how it all started out, Monday night (Sept 8) I was pretty much up the whole night with a very bad crampy feeling. It was constant and not really coming and going, so I figured it was just pre-term stuff, to get my uterus ready. It didn't really hurt but was uncomfortable. So anyway, it started to slack off around 5 am, so I got a couple hours of sleep and then got up for work Tuesday morning. When I got up, they started again, and was pretty much constant through the day, except now my lower back was in pain. It was just crampy all the way around and mostly on my right side. But anyway, I stayed at work all day and around 3 or so I started noticing that they were coming and going, so I started timing them. They were about 5 minutes apart and lasted for about 35-40 sec a piece. I still wasn't in terrible pain, but it was definitely uncomfortable, so I figured it was just pre-term labor and would slack off. Well, for about 2 hours, they kept coming around 5 minutes apart. No matter what I did, lay down, walk, they continued. So, my mom convinced me that I probably needed to go to the hospital and just check it out because at this time it was about 5:15 and my doctors office was closed. I called and talked to the on-call dr. and they said to come on in and just check. So, in we went. I really didn't think I was in "real" labor, because the pain was definitely bareable, but who knows, I've never done this before. David was pretty funny because I kind of just sprung the whole news on him that we needed to go, so he was a little confused and not real sure about the whole situation, but he took me anyway, I think he was in a state of shock that it actually could be happening.
We got there, they checked us in and took us back to triage. There they checked me (which killed, by the way). She said I had not dilated and my cervix was closed. So, they hooked me up to monitors to monitor the contractions and keep an eye on Tyler's heart rate and my blood pressure. She said the contractions were about 2 1/2 to 5 minutes apart, but weren't very strong. So, anyway, after about 2 hours, a Pepsi, jello, and a card game, they were finally going to let us go, but wanted Tyler to be moving a little more than he was. So she checked me again, and scratched his head to get him moving. He did of course and so they released me. Still no change, but said hopefully it wouldn't be too much longer.
So, we left the hospital starving around 8:30. We went to Chick-fil-A and then headed to Barbra's to watch "Baby Mama" which is hilarious, by the way.
My contractions never stopped and actually got stronger, throughout the movie, they were killing me and mostly on my right side from back to front. At the dr they said it's probably hurting more on that side because he's balled up over there, but who knows.
And so we got home around 11:30 and David went into nesting mode. He's so sweet, he wouldn't even let me lift a finger, but he cleaned the whole house and even steamed clean the bathroom! He's such a wonderful husband!!! Much to my surprise, I slept pretty good, woke up every once in a while with a contraction, but nothing unbearable! So, woke up around 7:30, took Kylie for a good walk, got my shower and picked up a little in our room and then headed to work. I'm still having contractions and they are stronger than yesterday, but not very consistent, so we'll see. I'll keep you posted. Hopefully we will have our little boy before the end of the week, but I'm not taking bets on it. :) Thought I must document this day, so we'll always remember this! So, we took a few pics in the hospital. Love that place! :)
On a side note, it actually was a good thing that we went, because we totally got lost in the hospital and ended up walking around for about 15 minutes looking for the right place, so now we know and it will be alot smoother when we actually go for the real thing! :)

5 comments:

Hilary

Good luck!! Hopefully there won't be any more false alarms and you can meet your precious little boy!!

The Gernand Family

OOOOH! All that crampiness! You're getting so close!

Awesome hair cut by the way!! You look GREAT!

McKinney Madness

oh my goodness... the joys of pregnancy, huh? I can't wait to see pics of sweet Tyler when he really does come!

ashlee and the boys

Ok, I know he's here now! I need details and pics! Can't wait to come up to NC and visit you guys! Congrats again!

Kelly Key

I am a little late reading this...but I have one question...how do you steam clean a bathroom? :-)