Sunday, September 14, 2008

Okay.. so maybe it wasn't a false alarm...













And the mother of the year award goes to: My Mommy! She has been here for a little over a week and has been a huge help. I'm so sad that she is leaving Sunday!!! It's just been so nice having her here! I'm sure going to miss her!! Thank you for everything mommy! I love you!























So, to continue the story from the last post... I finally decided to leave work around 3:00 on Wednesday because I started feeling worse and just didn't know if this was it or not. So, I went to Barbara's to walk on her treadmill because it was raining outside. My contractions were coming about 4-5 minutes apart, not horrible pain, but definitely uncomfortable. So I walked for a mile and they were about the same, so I called the doctor and they told us to come on in. So, we went to the dr about 4:30. The doctor checked me and still no progress!!! I was like there is no way this is Braxton Hicks and I"m sure they believed me, but it was killing me that I had still not done anything with all these contractions. They did a stress test on Tyler to make sure he was ok and he was, so they sent us home and said, see ya on Friday at your appointment. SO anyway, we went to church to eat dinner and at that point I was dying. My back was aching and I could not hardly sit. So they all convinced me to leave and go take a warm bath to relax, so I again went to Barbara's and got in her jet tub for about an hour. It felt good, but didn't ease the pain. So, finally everyone came back from church and we sat around for about 2 hours. I was in alot of pain and couldn't sit through the contractions, but still didn't know what all was going on. So, around 10 David and I went back to our house "for the night". At that point my contractions were much stronger and I paced our bedroom floor for 2 hours while David was on the bed counting my contractions, which now were 2-3 minutes apart. So at midnight, I couldn't take it any longer and decided to head to the hospital. When we got there, we sat in the waiting room for about 30 minutes until a room opened up, then when we got back to the triage room, we waited another 30 minutes until the nurse came in. I was getting mad, because I was in pain and we weren't getting helped. Anyway, they checked me again, guess what?? NO PROGRESS!!! So they told us to walk to the halls from 2:00-3:00 AM! So we did, about every 2 minutes I would get a contraction and would have to lean over on the hand rail while David pushed as hard as he could in my back. I was having horrible back labor. So, we walked and walked, did stairs, went up and down the elevator, and bounced around the halls hoping to get Tyler moving. So finally 3:00 came, we went back in and NO PROGRESS, at this point I was moaning and pretty much crying every time a contraction came. It was horrible. So the nurse told us that she didn't doubt we would have him within the next 24 hours, but they were going to have to send me home because I had made no progress. She walked out of the room and I lost it. I balled and balled. Bless David's heart because he was being so strong and doing everything he could for me. He was awesome! The nurse came back in in about 10 minutes and said Tyler's heartrate kept dropping so they were slightly concerned, but that she wanted to check me one more time. I was dialated to a 1!!! Praise God!!! I was so thankful. So they said they would admit me. Finally at 4:00 they admitted me and after trying to get the IV in my hand 3 times, it worked and I got some pain med that cut the pain by about 20%, but I was thankful for everything I got. They wheeled me back to a room. And around 6:30 the doctor came in and checked me, I was 1 1/2 and he broke my water. The next hour was the worst in my life. I was literally moaning and yelling. Yes, I was that woman. Never thought that would be me, but I could get NO relief. David was basically punching my back every 2 minutes, because the pain was so unbareable and that was the only thing that would make it a tad bit better. Finally, I got my epidural at 8:00. It was hard because I had to sit crossed legged hunched over on the bed through 3 contractions and not move. But I did it and about 20 minutes later, the pain was GONE!! I have never been so happy. (well, maybe, but anyway, you get the point). So then I was good. We had lots of visitors, which was fun because I was just laying there waiting for Tyler to decide to do something. They checked at 8:00 and I was a 3, and at 11:00 I was a 3. Tyler's heartrate kept dropping with every contraction, so they said if I didn't make any progress the next time he checked me, then they were going to have to do a C-Section because Tyler was beginning to get stressed. So at 2:00, they checked again and I was a 6! Everyone cheered!! Thank goodness, because I wasn't excited about the C-Section, but would do what I had to. They kept close tabs on us and his heartrate. It was kind of scary. So, at 4:00 they checked me again and I was at 9 1/2!!! I started crying because I was so happy I was about to see my precious boy!! We started pushing. I didn't feel a thing. It wasn't bad at all. I pushed for 3o minutes and at about 4:30 a million people came pouring in. I pushed one more time and out he came at 4:32. The cord was around his neck, so they showed him to me and he stared right at me. Then the took him to the nurses where they took over. David was right with him holding his hand and Tyler wouldn't take his eyes off him, it was precious. So anyway, they decided he was great and everything was fine. So they brought him to me and I got to hold him for the first time. It was the greatest feeling in the world!! He was 6lbs, 8.6 oz and 20 inches long. Perfect!
We finally got back to our room. It was a pretty good night. We had wonderful nurses that really cared about us and took great care of us. Tyler had a little hard time adjusting to eating, but we figured it out. He is so sweet has such a great temper. His cry is so precious and sweet. (Remind me of this one day!)
We had lots of visitors and it was so fun to watch everyone see him. We were exhausted, but I loved all the people being there. So, finally Saturday around 3:00 we got to come home! It was great! We had a good night last night. Tyler finally got the hang of eating and now we are set. Just pray for a little more sleep and lots of lovin. We are so blessed and cannot believe the he is here. We just are giddy over him!! He's precious and perfect in our eyes.
P.S. I'll get better at posting, I promise. :)

8 comments:

mandystephens

I WANT TO HOLD MY NEPHEW!!!!!!!

McKinney Madness

KIERA!! You're a mommy! I honestly can't believe it. Are we really old enough to be having children?? WEIRD! I wish all the best for you and am so sad I can't be there to hold sweet Tyler and give you a big ol hug... especially after having to endure such a hard labor! Give Tyler a big kiss for me, and I love you and am SO happy for you!!

The Gernand Family

You are awesome, Mama! What a BEAUTIFUL little boy! He is just precious!!! I know you're enjoying it! Take LOTS of video now, I can't believe how much Jack has changed in only 7 weeks!! Can't wait to see more pics!! Congratulations again!

Ashley and Nolan

The main pic of your blog is ABSOLUTELY STINKIN PRECIOUS!!!! I'm so glad you updated your blog! I hope you are feeling great! Love you!

Hilary

Congrats! Tyler is adorable!! We are so excited for the 3 of you!!

Kelly Key

That picture of him is SO ADORABLE! It's funny his lips don't look so much like yours their like they did in the pics on facebook? Maybe that pic just doesn't show them off? :-) I know you are loving that bundle of joy. Glad to hear feeding is going good, I know from Lauren's experience it can be tough. I'll call you this week! Love ya!

The Law Family

This is a great story. That is smart of you to document the whole thing so now you won't forget it one day! Tyler is so cute. I am sure that you are already a Pro at being a mom.

paige

Josh and LB

So stinkin' happy for you girl! He is precious! I know you must be so busy! Best to you, your husband the new addition to the family.