Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Kylie and Sweet Potatoes...

First of all... Happy 5 Month Old Birthday to Tyler!!! I CAN'T believe it's been 5 months since we had that precious boy!! Man how time flys. He seriously is one of the best babies ever. He has the sweetest deposition and is just so alert and happy, most of the time. Everyone says that he is definitely spoiling me, but I tell them, that's just way I make 'em. ;) I'm sure I will be eating those words soon enough, but for now, just let me think that! ;)
Saturday afternoon I decided to let Tyler try some baby food. We started with Sweet Potatoes and boy did he love them! He just ate them and ate them. It was hilarious. I think we are going to try Peas or Green Beans today, so we'll see how that goes! ;) I have a video but it takes too long to upload it on here, so we'll have to save that for another day. But here are some cute pics of the event.
And we've also started letting Kylie play with Tyler. We really haven't done much of that, mostly because I wouldn't let David do it because Kylie mostly stays out side and honestly I didn't want her bringing in dust and hair everywhere when he was so little. But now that I feel like he's a little older I was ok with it. They loved eachother and Kylie is so sweet with him! She just laid there and let Tyler pull and push on her. Kylie then wanted to play a little so she started licking and "petting" him with her little paw until she accidently pawed him in the face, of course I freaked out and then he started crying (probably because of me yelling) but he was fine. David did give Kylie a little spankin, but they were all fine after the fact. ;) I got a quick picture right before the event happened and I'm sure you can tell which one it is. Overall, it was a fun time for them and I'm sure when Tyler is up and walking they will become even better "friends!"
Tyler is really coming alive these days. He's pretty much sitting straight up by himself, I still want pillows around the back and the sides of him just in case he tips over, but he' s doing really well! He's also starting to show interest in rolling over. He can pretty much do it, but he gets up on his side and the arm that is under him prevents him from doing it because he kind of sticks it behind his back and that serves for balance, not letting him roll over, so if we tuck his arm under him he can do it all by himself. It's so cute. He's also started crunching those legs in like he's trying to get up on his knees, but he just doesn't have the coordination down quite yet, but it won't be long... And oh the slobber! He is definitely a slobber monster and wants EVERYTHING in his mouth. He even chews on his tongue which is hilarious because it looks like he's chewing food or something, but I know there's nothing in there. It's so cute! He did this a while back but then quit doing it for a while but now it's back.. He LOVES spitting. Not these cute little bubbles, forceful spitting where spit is flying out of his mouth, it is so funny to watch him!! It's just hilarious! He's also found his feet/toes. He doesn't really care about them when he's laying on his back, but when he's sitting up he loves to reach down and grab them, just another precious thing he does. (Can you tell that I love him to pieces???, probably not huh?) I will try to get pictures of all of the above, so you can see what I'm talking about. I'll get right on that. :)
Okay... So that's most of the tricks our precious little 5 month old is doing!!! :)

5 comments:

The Law Family

He is so big. He and Kylie look like great friends. That is so wonderful that they good along so well. It sounds like Tyler is doing so many new things. Isn't is so much fun!

Kat

I bet Tyler and Kylie will be best friends very soon. They'll both have to learn what they can and can't do. :) Good to hear the update!

Love you!

Holly-- The Storm Chaser

About the spitting... He is all boy! And it won't get any better. Before you know it, he'll be spitting in the parking lot before he walks into a building, just because he knows he can't spit while inside. (Jack & Ty both do this.) Crazy boys. Too precious. Love and miss you!

Unknown

He is precious! Time flies by too fast. I miss Mark being 5 months old!

Ashley and Nolan

Tyler is even more precious than the last pics I saw! I guess they just keep getting cuter and cuter! That's great that him and Kylie get along. I bet it will be so soon when he starts rolling over. Such a big boy!!! :) Love you!