Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Happy Mother's Day..

Before you are a mom you don't realize how much love you are actually capable of giving! Thank you Lord for allowing me to be Tyler's mommy! What a huge blessing it is!!
This was my first official Mother's Day and what a great one it was!!
This weekend we went down to Ohio this weekend. We hadn't seen any of them since December (except for grandma and grandpa), David's grandma turned 75, and it was Mother's Day, so we decided that it would be a good time to go. We didn't tell David's mom we were coming so she was super surprised! We got there around 10:30 Friday night. Tyler did good on the way down. It took us about 8 hours and at hour 7 he had had enough. Wasn't happy and he was letting us know, so we stopped at a CVS and let him get out and stretch, David ran in and got him a glow worm thing to play with the last hour and it worked. He finally went to sleep and we were able to get there in peace.
After about an hour of play we got ready for bed and all went to sleep. Saturday morning David's mom and step-dad both had to work, so they were up and out. Ty and I just played around while Daddy and Sarah slept. Later that afternoon we all went down to David's grandmas and let her play with him for a while. They had a great time! Then back to the house for pizza and relaxing. Brad and Bekah came up and Zach and Carmen and Kevin. We had a great time just all hanging out and catching up. Tyler LOVED all the attention he got and loved showing off his crawling and "walking" skills. Everyone just ate him up. Sunday up for church, I had a wonderful surprise of flowers and 3 singing/message cards. They were precious and David and "Ty" left messages in them for me. They were the sweetest! I have the thoughtful est husband in the world. I'm so blessed. He also got me some perfume, and a hand held video camera. It was a great Mother's day but set the bar high for himself!! J/K After church we headed to grandma and grandpa's for lunch. The guys grilled and the ladies made yummy stuff inside. We definitely had a smorgasbord of food, but it was all delicious!!! Then after a couple hours of chatting we had to hit the road. ;( David drove and it only took us 6 1/2 hours. It was a good trip and Ty did really good. I feel horrible now looking back on it cause we only stopped once just long enough to run into Subway and grab a sandwich. So I'm sure Ty was stiff as a board in that car seat! Bless his heart! Got home, bath time and off to bed. It was a good trip but way too short, as always!
I wanted to tell all the wonderful "mothers" in my life Happy Mother's Day! To my mom, mom-in-law, grandmothers, sister, friends, .... that are all moms, I love you and appreciate you so very much! Thank you for all you have and continue to do for me and my family! Words cannot express how thankful I am for you and the example you show to me on how to be a wonderful mother. I'm pretty positive I have the best "moms" in the world in my life, in all aspects, that show me the true meaning of the word mom. I love you all and am so very grateful for all the many sacrifices that you made for me! If I'm half of a mom as you are then Ty will be very lucky!!! I love you all and miss you so very much!!! Thinking about my Grandma Todd always and especially today, Love you Grandma!!