Thursday, June 4, 2009

So, I'm way far behind on blogging and I'm so sorry for that. Alot of things have gone on in the past couple of weeks and I'll try to mention most of them... So here goes. I guess the vidoes come first. They were taking at the Chunn's house while David and Brian were making slideshows. In the first one
Austin is playing the guitar and David is "helping" Ty strum the guitar. Notice how in the middle Tyler starts singing. It's hilarious and oh so serious. ;)
The second video is Tyler doing what he does best, moving like crazy and spitting. He really is into spitting these days and is quite good at it. He loves copying people when they do it. You can get him to copy pretty much anything you do now. He's a smart little booger!
Next would be on Wednesday, May 19, Tyler came home from church with a 102 fever. I gave him a lukewarm bath and put him in the bed. Needless to say we were up pretty much the whole night with him. He wasn't screaming crying, he just needed to be held. I was giving him motrin and tylenol and the fever would go down but never totally break. So I took him in to the dr. Thursday morning and of course she couldn't really find anything except that his throat was a little red. So we went back home to try to rest. He didn't want to eat or drink anything. I think he had a total of 3oz the whole day. Nurse said he was fine unless his got over 105 and he wasn't having wet diapers. So we had about 4 baths that day. Cause it seemed to make him happy. Thursday night was better but was still running fever and it got up to 103. Still not drinking anything, pedilyte, water, milk, juice...Nothing! I felt so bad for him. Anyway, he was a trooper and would just rest and be as happy as he could. I had Sarah Yocum (my friend from Winston)'s lingere shower at my house Friday afternoon. I didn't take any pictures for some reason. ;( But it was fun and she got lots of good stuff. It was fun just all being together. Friday night we had Sarah and Byron's rehearsal dinner. It was at the Branch's farm and boy was it beautiful. The weather was gorgeous and it was just perfect. Ty didn't have a fever the whole day, Friday, so we decided it was ok to take him since we were outside anyway. Jennie got some really cute shots of him playing on the fence. Then that night I was talking to a friend and she said that they found out that day that they had strep, so I thought... Maybe that is what Ty has.. So Saturday morning to the doctor. Strep was negetive, but she did say his throat was red with ulcers on it, so that was why he wasn't drinking, cause Friday he had about 3 oz again. I was starting to worry that he was going to be dehydrated, but thankfully he wasn't. So after the dr. he seemed to be better, not great or normal, but better. I was an attendant in the wedding and David was helping with the sound stuff, so our wonderful babysitter offered to keep Ty so we could enjoy the wedding and then we would just meet up at the reception. Worked out perfect and was such a blessing to us and Ty cause he got a good 3 hour nap in!! The wedding was gorgeous (of course made beautiful mostly by the bride!) it was outside at Reynolda Gardens and thanks to God it didn't rain. It held out till the next day and has been raining ever since, but thankfully Saturday, May 23rd was perfect. It was so fun to be part of such a special day. They went to Canada for their honeymoon and then to Texas where Byron will start his 7 year residency program.
This past Sunday was Senior Sunday and for some reason I have no pictures of that either. David got to talk Sunday morning and I don't think there was a dry eye in the place. He is so heartfelt on everything that he does, it was just perfect. He and Brian did slideshows for all 8 seniors and after church we had a luncheon and got to watch them. It was a ver emotional morning cause it's so hard to see these kids leave. I'll try to post of pic of them soon! If that wasn't enough, Sunday night was Sarah and Byron's going away fellowship. They had just gotten back from their honeymoon and were packing up to leave for Texas for the next 7 or 8 years!! Sarah has been one of my best friends here and Winston and it was/is so hard to see her go. It was a pretty emotional night also!! I'm going to miss all of them! I know God puts people in your life at certain points and I'm so glad that he blessed us with a great group of Seniors and best friends in Sarah and Byron! We love you all and are going to miss you beyond measure!! ;)
So.... we have been attending back to back graduations and parties and they still continue into this weekend. It's been fun and rewarding! Saturday Ty and I did get to go to the pool (at Darla, his babysitter's house). It was so fun and Tyler LOVED it!!! He's definitely my water baby, thank goodness cause David and I both love the water too!
Then these other pictures are just of Ty doing his thing. He got new converse shoes from Kelsey and he finally grew into them, so I think these pics are showing those off. Hope you enjoy!! ;)

Ty normally doesn't care much about TV, unless its Alvin and the Chipmunks, but this day he did, I forgot what show it was, something on Noggin, I thought it was so cute!! :) Excuse the mess I have a 8 month old! :)

6 comments:

Ashley and Nolan

I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE the videos! He is precious singing while playing the guitar...and the spitting is too cute! I can't believe how fast they grow and how much they change. He is such a handsome little man! Jake is getting a little obsessed with the TV! I wish we had the Noggin channel! Love and miss you all so much!

mandystephens

ok...I am seriously going to go INSANE if I don't see you all soon...Maybe we should start walking and just meet in the middle!! I need to see you all NOW!!!!

Holly-- The Storm Chaser

A future Dave Matthews maybe?? What a cutie pie. Love and miss you guys.

The Hills

I LOVE the pics of Ty at the farm! Too precious!

Kat

sounds like ya'll have had a LOT going on...so glad tyler is feeling better! He is growing so much!

Love you!

Gibbons

Love the update! The last pic reminds me of my girls..they LOVE Yo Gabba Gabba!!! Bre will sit and watch it just like Ty is doing and Christa just dances all around..They are to funny! Glad to see you are the fam are great!