Thursday, June 11, 2009

Let me begin by saying Happy 9 months to my precious little boy!!! I can't believe he is already 9 months time really does fly by. He's an amazing kid and continues to amaze us everyday with his new "findings" and tricks. He loves to copy us now, and most of the time really thinks what he is saying is coming out in words and that we should understand it. That is what the video is about.
David is saying silly things and Tyler is basically repeating what he is saying. He'll do that for the longest time! We go to the doctor Tuesday for his 9 month appt, so until then I'm not sure how much he weighs and his height, but I'll be sure to post after that visit. He is into everything and loves to be on the move. We got a new sectional couch (compliments from Sarah and Byron, yay for small Uhauls ;) ) and Tyler loves holding on to that and the ottoman thing and basically runs through them, its hilarious. I'll have to video that. But seriously, he's growing up way to fast and I'm trying my best to savor all the little moments that I get to spend with him. Sleeping is still not really consistent. He sleeps all through the night for about 3-4 nights and then he decides that he really doesn't want to do that, I guess he misses me cause about 3:00 or 4:00 am he will be sitting in his crib calling for "MA-MA...MA-MA...MA-MA" It's the sweetest thing.. How can I resist. MOST (not all, but most of the time) when I have to get up at night to get him I think about that song.. "It won't be like this for long..." Then I kiss his precious forehead and give him his bottle. ;) So all in all he's a very healthy 9 month old just truckin along... Still with no teeth of course, but lots of slobber hince the shirt. ;)

On Another note... Thursday David got a call from a guy in high school that bought this precious black lab puppy (8 weeks old) for his girlfriend for a surprise... Needless to say, her parents wouldn't let her have it and his wouldn't either since he will be leaving for college in a couple of months, so you guessed it... We received the puppy. I was very apprehensive about it because I honestly didn't want to throw another dog in the mix. But David promised me that he would take care of her and convinced me that it would be a good thing because Kylie needed a friend... To which I agreed... So he went a picked her up Thursday night. This is when he just brought her home and Tyler saw her for the first time. So sweet.

Shortly after this when Tyler lost interest cause she was just laying there, Ty and I were playing in the floor and up walks "Bailey" towards us, Tyler screamed bloody murder and I will have to admit it was kind of scarey. Cause she looked like a little stuffed animal laying there so still and quite and then she came alive and was walking straight towards us and all you could see was the whites of her eyes. It was crazy how much it truly frightened Tyler. So anyway, David picked her up and took her to the garage. Come to find out later that night she had worms. The highschooler...Bob... got her from some breeder off Craigs List and the breeder said that she had had her dewormed... So we figured no big deal we would take her to the vet the next day and figure it all out. So Friday, she was acting better and we didn't really see any worms, but David got the worm medicine and hoped it would clear it all up. Keep in mind we were keeping her totally in a blocked off area in the garage just in case, cause the thought of having that in my house, totally freaked me out. So Saturday morning she woke up and was gaging just spitting up everywhere and we knew the worms were still there. So David took her straight to the vet. They determined there she had 3 kind of worms and there was a possibility she had parvo... WHAT??? We were devastated for her because you could tell she was in really bad pain and it was so hard to see a puppy like that. So David had her in quarantine, literally. I didn't go out there cause I could stand to see her suffer and selfishly didn't want to get attached. David spent at least 10 hours a day with her cleaning up her "mess" sanitizing everything constantly, giving her IV's, all her other meds, and also trying to give her pedilyte and baby food (recommended by our awesome friend and Vet. Karen). So many hours were put into that precious little girl. Sunday, she seemed to be doing better, but David was constantly having to nurse her to help her get better. Monday, he went back to the vet got more meds, went to the store and got some more supplies to help her feel comfy and relaxed, went into the garage to give it all to her and she had passed away... I was upstairs getting some stuff done and David came up there just white in the face. I felt incredibly sorry for him and heartbroken. He put so much into this little puppy and cared so good for her and then she just couldn't make it. So he had to wrap her up and take her to the vet (since we can't bury within the city limits) and then he had to come back and sanitize the whole entire garage which took about 9 hours all together. It was such a hard day for him. She was such a sweet precious little puppy!! Then, the next day he had to take Kylie to the vet to make sure all her shots were up to date and give her boosters for everything... So that was an expensive and sad little experience. Sorry I just had to share that. I know it was a bit much, but I needed to document it. David has such a tender heart and is such a good man!! We love you baby and are thankful for all you do!!

5 comments:

The Hills

What a sweet hubby you have! And Tyler is so funny...I believe you may have a little talker on your hands (BEWARE) ;)

Holly-- The Storm Chaser

Yes, Ashlee is very wise... You've read the stories about Jack! :-)
Love that in the video of him talking his onsie is unbuttoned! That's how mine lived the entire time they wore those things! Ha!
So sorry about the puppy. Poor David. Love you and miss you tons. COME SEE US!!!

Ashley and Nolan

Awwww....I hate that for yall! :( Bless its little heart. On a brighter note...Tyler is SO CUTE talking back to David. I love that!!! I can't believe he is 9 months already! Time does fly! We have to Skype sometime soon so Tyler and Jake can talk to each other! Jakey missed him. :) Love yall!

Kelly Key

Awww..so sad about Bailee, I almost cried. All I could think about was if that happen to Heisman. :( We would be devastated! As I am sure ya'll are. I am glad ya'll at least tried to get her better...some people would just let her go. :( that breaks my heart. Tyler is crackin' me up! Jibber Jabber city! His little hair looks so much longer since I saw him last...he is so handsome! If I have a girl she'll immediately have two boyfriends, Jake & Tyler! What a lucky girl! If I have a boy, he'll have two bestest friends!!! :) We'll catch up through phone soon! I promise! Love you 3!

McCullough Family

That is so sad about the puppy. Tyler is just the cutest little boy!