Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day and Lately...

Lately we have just been going, going, and growing. Tyler is getting so big and acting more and more like a "big boy". He LOVES the water and will stay in it a good hour or 2 (the pool that is), no I don't let him stay in the bath that long. ;) These videos are of bath time.He loves getting his face wet. He'll even stick is face straight in the bottom of the tub and then get real excited and try to climb out of the tub, it's the funniest thing!!And here are just some random shots I've been taking since I last posted. I had to take a couple last shots while he is still "toothless". We have a tooth about to come in!! But I'll believe it when it's all the way through. You can definitely feel it and when he lets you, you can see it too. So, here's one of his last "gummy" shots. ;) I'm going to miss these days.. Not so much the fussiness, but I have a feeling that's not going to end anytime soon. ;) He's almost got bye bye down (when he wants to) and we are now working on kisses. He gives good mommy kisses... which just melts my heart!
This picture is of some car mits that daddy bought to make puppets out of for Ty. I guess he (David) got bored one day and decided to see what Ty would look like if he was a duck of some sort. ;) He loves those little mits. They are so soft, so after play time David sat in the chair with Ty and was rubbing his face with them, and sure enough he fell straight asleep. It was hilarious. I'm still wondering if Tyler was just extremely tired, or if it was the lack of oxygen. ;)
Moving on now to Father's Day. Tyler and I have been working on David's gifts for a while because I wanted to make him a few things to make it extra special. ;) We had a great day. We woke daddy up with gifts and singing. He never really likes when I make him breakfast in bed because he's not really a morning person and really doesn' t want to just wake up and eat, so we skipped that. :) David opened his gifts while Tyler really just watched him and played with his phone. It was just fun all being together. Then off to church. After church we went over to the Trinh's and made crab legs and all the fixins. It was delish!!! Got home about 3:30 and Ty went straight down for his nap. David just relaxed and watched a movie and I made deviled eggs and homeade peach cobbler for our fellowship at church. Got done in the kitchen and realized it was 5:30!! Man, I didn' t even get to sit down before it was church time again. Oh well... So back to church and then had a going away fellowship to a couple friend that is moving to Tallahassee to work at FSU, Gavin and Jacqueline Roark. It was fun. We (Brian C.) took a few pictures of us since we "happened" to all be wearing green. **Secret** David really loves for all of us to match which I think is super cute. ;) So anyway, we actually got a couple of cute ones. Then we went to Donatos with Brian and Austin to complete our night. It was a good day besides the fact that Tyler decided that the tub was much like the toliet and gave Daddy and super special surprise to clean up mid-bath... It was fun let me tell you, or better yet, let David tell you! ;) I wonder why they don't have a slot in his baby book for that first!?! :) So all in all it was a wonderful day for a wonderful Man!! I am so thankful that God put such a wonderful, loving, christian man in my life to be the father of my children among MANY other things!! We love you so much and are so thankful for you!!!
Also a huge Happy Father's Day to my daddy!! I love him so much and am so thankful to him for the many things that he did and does for me!! He is also a wonderful, loving, christian man and honestly I married a man ALOT like him! Lucky me! I love you daddy and am so thankful for you!!!
Also to the Grand-DADs and many other dads in my life, I love you all and am so grateful that God blessed me with so many wonderful men in my life. Thank you for the example you set and for taking care of us like you do! I can't wait for Tyler to truly understand how wonderfully blessed he is with so many wonderful people in his life!! Thank you to all of you dads!! I love you!