Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Stats are in....

So we went this week for Tyler's 1 year check up. He was an angel but didn't know what he was getting himself into. The visit went good. He did all his tricks with a little hesitation for Dr. Bell. 31 1/2" (91%) in length
22lb 14 oz (51%) in weight
and 95% in head (I can't remember the measurement)
Then after the doctor left, the mean ol nurse came in and gave him 5 shots!!! One in each arm, one in one leg, and 2 in the other!!! I couldn't stay in there because I don't think I could have handled it, so brave daddy stayed with him. It was so sad!! He was shaking and screaming and had huge crocodile tears in his eyes!!! But he seems to be doing fine now, but we do have to go back in a month and get the other half of his flu shot. I'm sure he's going to be scared of that place now, I sure would be!!

So he's growing good and looks perfectly healthy! He did learn that a new trick was funny this week. Sticking his entire finger up his nose. Vicki and I were eating at Chipotle Sunday night and he kept doing it, I know I should NOT have laughed but it was the funnest thing and Tyler was belly laughing about it so it made me laugh even harder!! Here's a pic I took with my phone, and it's not real clear, but you get the picture! ;)
We are taking the youth group to Myrtle Beach this weekend for our Fall Retreat. It should be lots of fun, I just hope we have sunny weather!!

7 comments:

The Hills

Finger up the nose...classic! And, what a big boy, and handsome too (except, yet again, the finger)!

Holly-- The Storm Chaser

LOVE the shot of him diggin' for gold!

amyandmack

The pic is hilarious! hope ya'll have a great time this weekend and have nice weather too! I sure could use some sunshine down here :)

Kelly Key

Oh..that's funny stuff right there! I hate he had to have those shots! He probably will hate going back to that dr's office again. I hate to relate him to our dog :) but ever since Heisman was neutered he hates going to the Vet..even if it's for a bath! It kills me to have to leave him all scared...& it's just a dog! :) what a sap! I guess we all went to the dr. growing up but we dont' remember those scary moments anymore..that's all that matters..is that we forget! :) Love you sista'!

Jessa Mullen

Your new blog layout looks so good.. Good to hear everything is going great and to know that visit with all those shots is over !!

Shaunna

Hey girl!! I'm SO happy I found you on the blogosphere...I just got my act together and joined the world of blogging. Your little man is precious! And those shots will get better :)! We just had a little girl and are doing wonderful. Your family is beautiful, and I'm so happy to see the blessings God has given you! Miss your smile and infectious laugh!

Barbara

neat trick...just wait til he pulls out something good! YUCK!