Tuesday, June 10, 2008

The heat is here!!!

It isn't even officially summer yet, and boy is it hot!!! Everyday this week it has been around 98 degrees! It's incredibly hot and muggy! I can't believe it has happened so soon! But we are trying to adjust and go to the pool as much as possible!!!

This weekend was not any different than the rest, but we actually did some fun stuff that we haven't done before. Well, it started on Thursday when Sarah, David's sister came into town. We went to the pool and hung out while David was busy working on the graduation slide show, for Sunday. We hung out the rest of the night, went to David's softball game and then finally turned into bed around 1:00am!!

Friday, we worked all day while Sarah got to hang out with her dad and step mom, Jenni. We all met for lunch and then they went shopping. We went back to work and then after headed to Emily and Stephen's graduation at Forsyth Country Day School. It was a good graduation, and thank heavens it was in the gym. Still hot, but not nearly as bad as outside. Here is a pic of us and the graduates.

After graduation, we went with the Branch's to eat at Millners. It was delicious and we had a great time all together. After dinner at 10:00, David went to the Chunn's to work again on the slide show and I went and picked up Sarah and headed to Wal-Mart. I needed a "spray fan" for the next day's activities. So after that excursion we finally got in bed around 12:30.

The alarm went off at 5:45am (yes on a Saturday!!) we were all (us and the youth group) headed to Charlotte for a day at the National Olympic training center. They have white water rafting, rock climbing, mountain biking, low and high ropes courses, and a few more activities I can't think of. We left the church building around 7:00 in a 15 passenger van! Note, there were 16.5 of us. So David, Sarah, Shanna, and I (4.5 of us) shared the front seat, needless to say we were a little cramped for the 1.5 hour car ride, but it wasn't too bad. At least all the kids had a seat! :)

When we arrived we were set to do the low ropes course. Which is meant for team building and learning communication skills. We had a blast and the kids were awesome!! I cannot tell you how proud of them we were! Here is a couple pictures from that excursion. They really don't do justice for what we had to do, but just ask if you want more details. It was awesome!

I went and picked up Subway for lunch while they were in the middle of pushing everyone up a straight vertical 25' wall. It was amazing and I hated to miss it, but everyone was getting really hungry! :) So they finished there activities and then we had lunch. Everyone was hot and hungry but so proud of themselves. No one was complaining, it was great!

So after lunch, more fun was in store. We were going white water rafting, of course, I tried but they wouldn't let me, but it was still fun watching them. There was a trail that went around the rapids, so I walked around and tried to get some pics of them. Here is some shots that were taken. We had 3 rafts of 5 people, so they were split up. Also, I got a great group shot!!



So after the 2 hour rafting trip, everyone was pretty wiped out. They all changed into dry clothes and we all headed home. Needless to say it was a much quieter trip on the way back to Winston Salem.

When we got back home, I was dying to get in the water since I didn't get to all day, so Sarah and I headed to the pool. It was so very relaxing! Then we met David for dinner. We did get in bed that night around 11:30, so that was nice.

Sunday was filled with church and then the graduation luncheon. It was so nice and the video that David and Brian Chunn did was amazing. They did an awesome job! After that we all went home and crashed for about 3 hours. It was nice taking a nap, although I always feel guilty taking a nap when it's pretty outside, but we needed it! After church that night we went to eat with a huge group from church and then we went back to our house and some of the kids came over to hang out till about 11:30, so off to bed around 12! What a way to end the weekend!
We had a blast and was so glad that Sarah got to be with us, but I think she was ready to get back home so she could get some rest! :)
And I must post my 25 week belly picture! Tyler is definitely getting bigger! You know that feeling when you have eaten way too much and your belly feels so uncomfortable, like it's going to pop... Well, that is what I feel like 24/7. But at least I know he's growing and he's just trying to get a little more room! :)

And last but not least, I just thought this picture was funny, I don't know if it's from the heat or the lack of sleep. :)

We didn't plan it we just both did those silly faces! :)
I'm going home this weekend for the first time in 6 months and I am so super excited!!!! I have my shower there on Sunday, so I will have lots to post next week!! And nursery pictures soon to come!! :) Life is Good!

3 comments:

mandystephens

You're getting bigger...yeah!! It sounds like you had a busy weekend...you better rest up because next weekend won't be any slower (and you have a niece and nephew and sister dying to see you!). I love you!

Rachel Forrester

Your belly is so cute! I cant believe how fast time goes by! How exciting! BTW I LOVE the name!

Kay-Lynn

Fun post! Once again I feel like i need a nap just reading your post! Ya'll are doing such a great job!

Can't wait to meet tyler!