Wednesday, June 4, 2008

A Travel Excursion...

Well, it all began on Thursday afternoon. David picked me up after work from a meeting in Hickory, NC and we head to Chattanooga, TN (about 6 hours away). We had a good trip there and arrived around 8:45. We visited with my Aunt Kate and Uncle Gary. (That is my grandmother's sister and her husband). We hated we didn't get to see their girls and all the young-uns, but we didn't get there till after their bedtime. We had a great visit, just talked ate some of her famous oatmeal cookies, and headed to bed.
Friday morning we woke up and headed to Florence, AL (about 3.5 hours away). We also had a good trip there. Got there around 2, so we checked into the hotel and headed to the mall, to waste some time. Then we headed to the rehearsal around 5:30. After that they had a Hawaiian Luau at Amy's (the bride) aunts house.
A couple side notes:
1. I graduated with Amy and Mack (the bride and groom) from Auburn. We all had the same major.
2. David couldn't find the camera so we didn't get to take any pictures the whole weekend! So some of the pictures on here were taken from various places. :)
So here is a picture of Amy and Mack at the Luau.
So after that we went back to the hotel for bed. Saturday we woke up fairly early so we could eat breakfast and then I had to be at the church around 9:30. So David dropped me off and then headed back to the hotel to go to the pool! :) We got ready and took pictures and then the wedding started at 2. Like I said, I'm sorry I don't have any pictures of the bridesmaids, maybe someone will post some soon! :) Okay, here's one:

Here are some pics from the wedding:

She was a gorgeous bride and they looked so happy!!!

So then the reception was at a pond there in town. It was gorgeous and they had wonderful food! Here is a picture of their first dance.

We had to leave the reception a little early because we needed to get on the road. We were headed from Huntsville, AL for the rest of the night (about 1.5 hours away). We got to Russell and Talitha's house right around 6:30. They were all there, with an wonderful dinner ready for us. Russell grilled pork tenderloins, it was delicious! Talitha made hashbrown casserole, salad, and something else, I can't remember, but it was awesome! So after dinner with Russell, Talitha, Kyle, Daniel, Lori, and Brock, we headed to the back porch (which is on a gorgeous golf course) and relaxed a little. Then we all took a walk on the golf path, the scenery is amazing there! We had a really good time catching up with everyone and David really enjoyed getting to know them better. And Brock, the little boy, let me tell you is the sweetest thing ever! We enjoyed him so very much! After our walk we came back for a dessert made my Lori, it was strawberry pound cake with, fresh strawberries, real whipped cream and almonds, it was beautiful and so yummy!! David said it was way too pretty to eat! Too bad I didn't have my camera, once again! :) I'm going to attach a picture of that whole side of the family, so you have a clue who I'm talking about, although we didn't get to see them all, it was a wonderful time and I'm so glad it worked out for us to come!

Kyle and David played guitar hero, which Kyle clearly won, but Russell and I had a good time sitting back laughing at them. :) Then we visited a little more and headed to bed. Woke up to another wonderful breakfast that Talitha made, french toast with cream cheese and preserves, and bacon, which David loves. So, after breakfast we headed back on our trek to North Carolina and they headed to church. It only took us 7 hours, so we were very thankful for that! David of course drove and was sweet enough to let me sleep a little, actually he probably slipped me some benadryl because I tend to bug him a little while he's driving! :)

But anyway, we made it back in time for church and then came home and crashed. Another successful crazy weekend! And summer has only just begun! :)


And I almost forgot.. My 24 week belly picture. As soon as I scan Tyler's new pictures from Monday, I will post those too. We didn't get near as good ones as we did last time, but you can tell he is getting bigger. He's adorable! :)

3 comments:

Austin

Sweet little Tyler, you sure are growing! Your mommy and daddy love you so much already, but I know that Nana and Dee will love you just as much. I can't wait to hold you!!! Love, Nana

The Gernand Family

Have you started the baby room yet? I can't wait to see pictures!! Your new belly pic is great! You look amazing! I tagged you on my blog, so check it out. :D

mandy

I kept noticing the one common denominator in your blog...FOOD! Is that from pregnancy or are you like me & obcess about good food?? I love it! (& for the record, you sure don't look like your eating alot of that good food for 24 weeks!) I hate we missed you in Huntsville. Don't know if you came to Mayfair or not, but I was there, flying solo with 3 kids, so we didn't stick around very long. Sounds like your doing great! Love checking in on you guys from time to time, Mandy