Monday, June 23, 2008

It's summer time!!

So, it's officially summer and actually it has cooled down a TAD bit. Not much, but cooler than a few weeks ago! :) We definitely are in the full swing of summer and enjoying most of my family being off for summer vacation, because that means they have more time to spend with me!!! First I will catch up with belly pictures. Here is my 26 week belly. It really got bigger this week!



Since, I had all my shower gifts, Mandy, Austin, and Madi drove me home to North Carolina. They were here all last week and are here till I think Wednesday. I love having them here and am going to SO miss them! It is so fun to catch them for lunch or for them to be waiting at the door for me when I get home. It's such a fun feeling. We really have had a blast since they have been here. I don' t know if Mandy will agree, since she's been at the house ALOT, but I think she would. :) We have gone to the pool, walked to get icecream, made about 1,000 paper airplanes, because that is what Austin is majorly into right now! Played with "the kids" as Austin would say, went fishing, ate alot, and just spent time together, which is the best of all! They really have been great and have adjusted pretty good to our time zone here. Which is going to bed lots later than usual and sleeping till about 9 or 10. Here is a picture of Madi being her precious self with Uncle David's hat on and one that is just priceless, it is just a "classic" picture to me! We didn't even tell her to pose like that! :)

And here is a classic of Austin with a very well invested $5 Wal-Mart clearance toy. It's actually pretty cool! It's a bow and it has a target that floats on water that you use nerf arrows for. It's really neat. He just loves it and I'm pretty sure Eliott and he shot lots of "bad guys" yesterday at my house with it! I never knew there were so many around my house!! (Eliott came to play all day after church and boy did they have a blast.) It was hilarious, by the end of they day Austin was so tired he was crying because Eliott couldn't come to his birthday party. (Which is at the end of July in Florida!!) Hilarious! So needless to say, he's made a new friend!

Saturday, we all, including my great friend Sarah, went to the Branch's farm to do some fishing, which is Austin's all time favorite. First cast, huge bass! He is a great fisherman and really did good. I think we were there for about 1 1/2 hours and he caught at least 10 fish. He even caught a catfish, which Sarah said she had not ever seen anyone catch a catfish out there! Boy was Austin excited. He was so cute! We all just sat and watch him. Even Madi was a trooper, she was hot a tired, but managed to let "bubba" have a good time! Here are a few pics, one of him reeling one in and then showing off his prize. He wanted us to take one everytime he caught a fish, so we have quite a few pics. I'll post some different ones as soon as I get them from my sister. We didn't catch this on camera, but the last fish he caught he was trying to "set him free" and slipped in the mud into the pond. It was so funny, but we assured him that you're really not a great fisherman unless you get dirty, so after that, he was pretty proud of himself! :)

So that has pretty much summed up our week. I did get to see my hubby for a few hours before he was off again. I sure do miss him, but he's having a blast and will be back before I know it!

Oh one last thing. Tyler is stubborn, I have concluded. The whole week last week he was moving and kicking like crazy! Well, I hadn't felt him since Saturday morning, so I started to get a little worried. So this morning, I called the dr. and she said to drink a coke and in about 30 minutes lay down and see if he moves. So, I did. I was at work, so I just shut my door and laid on the floor. Still nothing, so I called back at 10 and she said come on in and lets just make sure everything is ok. I then got a little worried. I headed up there and sat in the waiting room for 1 hour. It was crazy in there, but Bekah was there too, so I did get a little conversation in before she was called back. Then after the hour, I got called back. The heartbeat sounded great and dr. said he was measuring good. But wanted to do a stress test, just in case, for reassurance. So after another 30 minute wait and another coke. I was called back. On those test, they have to measure 10 movements before they stop the test, so after 45 minutes we only had 6 or 7 movements, she went and asked the dr if everything looked fine, and she said it did, so they unhooked me and honestly as soon as she did, Tyler moved about 10 times, majorly! That is when I discovered that Tyler must take after his dad, although David might beg to differ! :) Either way, he gets it honestly and he's perfectly fine! So that was the excitement for today. And before another week passes (starting Wed.) I must post my 27 week picture. Can't believe we are less than 3 months away!! Yay. We are enjoying these last few months, as everyone with children has told me. But sure are excited to see that precious little face! Until more news... Have a great day!

2 comments:

Ashley and Nolan

wow...Tyler is growing! I'm glad everything is allright with him. The pics of Austin and Madi are precious! Miss you lots! LOVE!

mandy

I love your "new look" on the blog. Very cool. I've got to learn how to do something fun like that. Or at least how to update my banner with a recent picture! Your belly is finally popping out! How cute!! I am excited for you! Take care, Mandy S.