Tuesday, June 17, 2008

A weekend in Florida

Well, I finally made it home Friday night around 6:45. My flights were pretty good. I had about a 45 minute delay in Atlanta, but it wasn't as bad as I made it out to be at the time. I was just dying to get home and didn't want to be stuck in an airport. Tyler was going crazy on the flight, he was turning and flipping. It was really neat to feel him though.
When I arrived in Pensacola, I was anxiously greeted by my family. Dad, Mom, Mandy, Brittany, Austin, Madi, GG, and Hannah. We then went to Sonny's to eat cause everyone was starving. We pretty much hung out the rest of the night and just visited.
Saturday morning we woke up bright and early to go garage sale shopping. We found some really fun stuff and managed to get it all inside the truck just seconds before the down pour. We went to LaHa for lunch and then went to GG's to play games. We did that most of the day, and then had an awesome steak dinner that night. Dad was alot like David and couldn't wait for his father's day gifts, so we did them Saturday night and had a scavenger hunt planned out for him. It was fun just all being together and laughing. I miss those time oh so much. We randomly took pics with dad and with the fam, so yes we are looking rough, but it's us, so there is not much I can say to dispute them. :)









Then Sunday we got up and went to church. Mandy teaches the nursery so I always go in there when I'm home cause I just love those babies. Here's a random pic from that.
Then after church we had the usual awesome dinner at GG's with roast, gravy, homemade rolls, fresh squash, fresh beans, corn, and gg's peach cobbler! What a treat it is to get to eat on Sunday with my family! So after lunch we got ready for my first baby shower!! It was a lot of fun and so fun to sit a visit with some of my best old friends! All the hostesses, were my friends growing up and there mothers who are like mother's to me.
And here is a picture of the food table and most of the gifts before they were rushed into the car before a huge rain storm!! :)

So, Monday we got up (Mandy, Austin, Madi, and I) and headed for North Carolina. We really did have a great trip and didn't hit much traffic at all. The kids were awesome, didn't cry at all and I think that's awesome for a 1.5 and 5 year old!! So every time we pray Austin has been saying, "We are glad that we made it home safely, and that we made it in one day!" For some reason he keeps thinking that usually it takes them longer than one day. Then Mandy also told me this morning that she told him they were going to go to Wal-Mart, and he said, "Oh man, that will take too long!" Until she informed him that we have a Wal-Mart in North Carolina too! :) Precious. So I am so enjoying having them here with me this week! David is gone and it is a wonderful blessing to have them stay with me. :) Just to let you know where David is. He is gone to Lipscomb this whole week. He took the kids to "Impact" there. It started Monday and will end Saturday. Then he leaves for an Atlanta Mission Trip on Sunday morning and will be there till Thursday and then we leave Thursday night for Ohio, for David's cousin Jillian's wedding! Boy will he be tired!!

Okay that is about all the updating I have at this point. Hopefully soon, I will have pics of the nursery, if my stinkin crib will ever come in!! I've cancelled one order and have ordered it again from a different store, so we will see if they can ship it any faster! :)

3 comments:

Anonymous

I loved having you home this weekend- it makes me miss you even more! I loved feeling Tyler move! I enjoyed your blog! Love you! MOM

Beach Weddings

love looking at your photo's the pictures are great everyone loves seeing a Weddings in Destin Florida

The Gernand Family

So exciting about your baby shower!! I can't wait for you to get the crib too, I'm excited to see pictures!! Where did you order it from?