Tuesday, July 8, 2008

I love holiday weekends!!

This weekend was a real treat because we had Friday off for the 4th. Thursday night about 11 of us went to Hanging Rock State Park to camp out. We got out there around 5 and started setting up camp. It was so fun and we really enjoyed all being together. I sadly didn't get any pictures of our camp site, but hopefully someone did. Thursday night consisted of sitting around the campfire making s'mores and just catching up. I know this picture doesn't look too exciting (and everyone looks a bit bored), but we were all just relaxing. :)
So we all went to sleep around 11 or so. The weather was awesome and we slept pretty good. We all started waking up around 8 or so. Had a good easy breakfast which was muffins, bagels, and fruit. Luckily the place had a pretty good bath house so we were able to wash our faces and brush our teeth, it was very nice. So after breakfast, David and Byron headed to the lake to fish and the rest of us decided to go on a short hike. We hiked to the waterfalls. It was a good hike and we all had fun. Here is our hiking group, keep in mind that this is just after we woke up from sleeping in a tent, needless to say, me above all, look a little rough! :) Honestly, I can't believe I'm putting this picture up, but oh well. It's a memory! :) And let me just tell you Francesca is such a little trooper. She camped out with us and was so good (until her mommy and daddy woke her up), but they got her back to sleep. :) And here she is on the hike. I let them try out my new backpack stroller. You can carry it on your back and then stroll it around if it gets too heavy. Dom said it worked pretty good for the most part, a little awkward to carry, but convenient, but he was also on a hike, so I'm sure that didn't help the situation.
Then we hiked back to the camp site and cooked hot dogs. So we had a good lunch and then we packed up the tents and everything. We were going to go to the lake, but it was so crowded and it looked like rain might be coming, so we decided to take it to the house.
So we went to the house, showered and rested for a few hours before the fireworks. We met a group from church out by the Warthogs stadium to watch the fireworks. We were there for a good 2 hours before they started but it was fun to just hang out with everyone. Here is the group that went, minus a couple that hadn't arrived yet. And of course, my husband can't go anywhere without accidentally matching someone. And sure enough he and Brian basically had the same outfit on. It was so cute. :)
Finally when the baseball game finished around 10:30 the fireworks started. It was a good show and I really did take lots of pictures, but this is the only one that turned out. After the show, we went to the Chunn's house (with a few others) for dessert, keep in mind, that it was 11:30! It was fun though and we had a good time! And here is a picture of David and I at the fireworks, I'm also going to include a pic from last years 4th of July, I'm not going to lie, it's pretty scary what one year can do to you. :)


So Saturday, I convinced David to close the curtains so that we could sleep in and we did! It was great to sleep till 9:30! So we went downstairs and ate breakfast and then I didn't get off the couch till 4!!! I couldn't bring myself to do it! So David left around 1 and went to the Chunn's to work on a slide show and I met them over there around 5. We stayed there till about 10, just hanging out and watching the Olympics and HDTV. :)
So Sunday morning, needless to say, I was well rested. After church we went out with some friends for lunch and then we headed home to clean. We got a good portion of it done until the power went out around 3 and we couldn't see. So we headed to Target, just to get out. Then the storm finally hit. After church we headed to Lowe's to get some supplies for a shelf David was making me and then home for Mac and Cheese. Yumm!
So, that was pretty much our weekend. We had fun, but we definitely relaxed, which is really what we needed!

And never fails... Here is my 29 week belly picture.

Well, I thought I would catch up on yesterday. It was our anniversary, and my sweet hubby started out by delivering 25 white roses to my office, so when I got back from "being in the field" I found them. They are gorgeous and smell so good! Can you believe that a lady at my office actually came to my door with a vase and said I'm begging you to let me have one. I mean, I did, but I will admit it was a little strange to me! :)

We met for lunch with Bill and Charlie because it was also Charlie's birthday. So Bill and Jo took us all (that were having special occasions) out to eat. Thankfully it was our anniversary and not our birthday because Charlie had a little performance. We went to a Mexican Restaurant and they did their sing and dance for Charlie, it was quite funny! :)
So anyway, after work he had arranged for us to go to Greensboro to eat at The Melting Pot. I was so excited. When we arrived they said, "Happy Anniversary" and lead us to our table that was set up with 2 red roses and balloons and an anniversary card that all the servers had signed. It was so sweet and David was so precious. He loves when he can surprise me and make me feel special and boy did he ever. So then, on to the meal. I have been known to obsess a little over food, so if you're not into that kind of thing, just stop reading now. Anyway, if you haven't been there before it is a fondue restaurant, with basically anything you can imagine. Since it was our 1st anniversary we decided to splurge a little and get the "Big Night Out", which is a 4 course meal with all the fixins.
So we started out with Spinach Artichoke Cheese Fondue. It was so good, and they served it with veggies, bread, granny smith apples, and chips. Strangely to us, the apples were are favorite, but the cheese was amazing just by itself!!
Then on to the salads. I ordered the California Salad, which was really good, and David got the Tropical Salad, which he LOVED!!
After we ate that they brought us the meat. We got the Fondue Feast which had: filet mignon, jerk seasoned sirloin, chicken, pork tenderloin, shrimp, butternut squash ravioli, and fresh vegetables and got it cooked in Coq au Vin, which is bouillon based seasoned with spices and veggies. It was so good! We loved it all! And as you can see it came with every dipping sauce imaginable! :)
And last but not least the chocolate. After much debate, we decided on the Flaming Turtle, David really didn't want this one, but once again, he's so sweet! :) So this one consists of Milk Chocolate, caramel, and chopped pecans. They brought, strawberries, bananas, cheesecake, marshmallows, pound cake, and brownies to dip in it. It was so delicious!! Of course we couldn't eat very much because we were stuffed, but it was so good!!!
I tried to take pictures of most courses, but as you can see, I got a little carried away with eating before I took the picture, so in most of them, we were pretty much done. But you get the point. :) So we had lots of laughs and really enjoyed just being together. This is us before we left at our little table.

We know we are very blessed and not a day goes by that God doesn't reveal another blessing to us. We are very thankful for each other, our family, and our friends. Life wouldn't be the same with you!!

1 comments:

Kelly Key

That was fun reading about your weekend. Your blog was as long as my most recent one! We have had a lot going on between the two of us! Glad you have such a sweet hubby to treat you so good on your anniversary! Your celebrating one & I am celebrating five! :-) Wonderful to have great men! Love ya'll...