Monday, July 14, 2008

A shower to remember...

So this whole blog is a part of Rachel's wedding weekend, but this part of the weekend was too good not to have it's own blog. So my cousin's (Bill and Teresa aka the bride's parents) are in the process of building a gorgeous house. But in the meantime, they have sold their house and are now living in a trailer. Now, I'm not downing trailers because I lived in one in college, but this trailer is a little different, lets just say they are one BIG happy family in a single wide with 1 bathroom. It's a pretty hilarious site, if I must say so myself. So anyway, Teresa decides that we should live in the moment and create a redneck shower for Rachel. We all jumped in because we had done one a few years ago for my other cousin's birthday and it was so much fun. So, Thursday night was the night and we had to get Rachel out to the trailer without her knowing, so that was my job. I must say, I did pretty good at playing it off, but I'm afraid there was some questioning going on in her head. So we pull up to the trailer and are greeted by about 15 women dressed in their best redneck attire. Hilarious to say the least. We were crying we were laughing so hard! Here is a picture of the group who pulled it all together.
I wish I had captured all the hilarious decorations and things that happened through the night, but I was too busy living in the moment. But I did catch a few shots that I will share with you. Sorry to my family for doing this, but it had to be done! :)
Here is Madi and her precious self. She had the best time on the lawn mower and actually decided she had a pretty good microphone, just her size. Of course, she had to play the part too and only wear a diaper, which she didn't complain a bit about! :)
Here are a few of the decorations that were scattered about throughout the yard.
Next came the gag gifts. She got some good ones. This is what I got her. I thought it would look precious in her new kitchen! :) And I got it for a great price of $.69!!!
And this is the mud wrestling cake that Kelly made, complete with jello and 2 barbie dolls. She did make pudding for the middle, but it didn't quite make it to the party. :)
Now, here is a moment that I just happened to catch. Teresa going in the house to go to the bathroom, and no this was not made for effects, but this is actually how you enter the back door. I just thought it was so funny!!
So next came the water balloon toss. We all had fun and it ended with many people wet and actually it turned into a water balloon fight which was started by my mother! :) Mandy was my partner and it happened to bust on her, I just love this picture. :)
Here is a picture of my grandmother and her 2 sisters. They did so good playing the part! :) I'm so glad that everyone was there and we all had such a blast!
You would think by now that we were all exhausted and tired of being out there, but guess again, we were not and it had only just begun. They had mattress surfing set up and a few dared to try. Now, I definitely would have if I wasn't 8 months pregnant! :) Here they are all loaded up and ready to ride. Nick was the driver and Austin helped him. And here they are after the ride. I'm pretty sure they are still picking grass and hay out of their nose! :)

This is Teresa and one of her friends. :)

So pretty much this concluded our party because it started getting dark. We played a couple more games that we could play sitting down, and laughed so much more. If you are ever in need of a good laugh you should definitely throw one of these parties! It was a blast and I know it's one shower that we will remember forever!! And here is one last picture of our family who was there. I love Rachel's face in this one! :)

Sorry this was a little scattered but so was the whole night, so it's hard to organize your thoughts when they are all scattered! :)

2 comments:

The Gernand Family

Those pictures are hysterical!! Sorry for the confusion...I'm having a scheduled c-section on July 30th! So two weeks from Wednesday! My mom comes in the night before and will fly out the morning after. Then she comes for two weeks in August. What about your parents?

I think it is belly pic time. (Sorry, who am I to harass? :)

Oh! and I hope your crib comes today!!

Ashley and Nolan

love all the pics...SOOOO cute! miss you!