Wednesday, July 23, 2008

We are so blessed...

Sunday afternoon we had our South Fork Church shower. I am still amazed at how wonderful it was. Here is a picture of me with all my wonderful hostessess. They all went together and got our pack and play for us! So we were super excited about that!
We got so many wonderful gifts that we really needed! I'm not going to try to mention them all, because I'll never remember everything. All I can say is that we are so very blessed and LOVE our church family!! One gift I will mention, is the scrapbook we recieved. This gift was from Jo, our church secretary, and also a very special lady to David and I. She made a scrapbook for Tyler's whole first year. It is adorable and I cannot tell you how much love, time, effort, and money was put into this gift. It's amazing! All we have to do is add the pictures. She also bought a bear for him that he is to take a picture with every month, so we can document "how the bear shrinks." I'm so excited about it! It was truely an amazing gift that we will love for years and years to come!

Here are some random pictures from the shower. David was a hoot and I"m sure loved all the attention. :) He was so precious and excited about everything!
They also had cute little props throughout the food. And this one, I thought was adorable.





So that was Sunday. David left for camp, after he loaded my car, and I went home, with help, and unloaded the car, sorted through all the wonderful gifts and put them pretty much in there place. So, that felt good to get it all semi-organized. :)

So now for the most anticipated pictures. I'm not going to lie... I really think that these pictures don't do his room justice, because I just LOVE it, but hopefully, you'll get the picture. We still have to paint the closet doors, put knobs on the chest of drawers, get cushions for the glider, and from these pictures I've already added accessories and different stuff to the room, but these are the pics I have, so I won't keep you waiting any longer! (Britt! :) )





















And now we are on our 32 week! I can't believe it! He will be here in about 8 weeks. We are ready, but are glad that he is growing and staying in a little while longer. :) I'm just trying to enjoy the nights, and simple stuff like going out to eat, that are so easy to do now. :) But here is my 31 week picture.
He's definitely a mover and a kicker. He likes to get right under my hip bones and wake me up. It feels so weird. And he also likes kicking at the top of my belly and I think every once in a while he'll kick a organ or something, because it will make me jump. He's precious already but I do tell him often, "you better kick me now, because this is the only time you're going to be able to do it!" :)
And I'm afraid Kylie is beginning to know something is going on, because she has been very needy and doing things she normally would never do. So, we have some adjusting to do I'm afraid. :)

5 comments:

Kay-Lynn

Love the room pics! Now i just need to get over and see it in person. Your shower was great and I am soooo glad Tyler got a lot of needed things!

I must say the scrapbook was AWSOME!

Ashley and Nolan

I love the nursery! SOOOO CUTE! :) Love you!

Kelly Key

Awww. the polka dots are soo so cute. And different! Love it! I am still so amazed at the scrapbook gift...man if every bride/new mom got one of those...what a great gift! Love you & can't wait to meet Tyler!

The Gernand Family

LOVE HIS ROOM! Very cute!! The crib was worth the wait! Glad you had a wonderful shower too!

mandystephens

I like the shelf. I think it turned out good. I miss you all already!!! I hate that you are so far away...what am I going to do???